“Great place for parties”
Review of Spa Babies

Spa Babies
Ranked #3 of 5 things to do in Denville
Hopatcong, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place for parties”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Loved what they had to offer - great ppl - worked so well with the girls of all ages! Thank you for making my daughters bday party a blast

Visited April 2013
1 Thank April R

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Everyone has their own opinions”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

I was back for the third time with my little girl in December. I have to say Spa babies is coming out with some new and improved things. Many cool new designs to keep it "fresh" and new hairstyles too! Each time my girl was there she got something different. Gail "the owner" was very nice about everything and understood where we were coming from as parents. Her place is very clean and as a lady the bathroom is always very important thing to keep clean for us. I never had a problem with gail or her girls. As for the one comment yes it is a girls spa, but she cant have HER place that she puts a lot of money to get trashed because you cant watch your child. Im sure it had to be dangerous for the child for gail to get upset. Spa babies is the one place that a little girl feels like a princess. Emma couldn't stop talking about it for weeks and is so excited when she gets that invite in the mail for Spa babies. I recommend Spa babies to everyone who has a precious little girl! Job well done again spa babies!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tiajames
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“How do you do it?!”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was there with my little girl in september and once before with my friends child. I truly dont know how she does it. Every child is left feeling like a princess. I dont understand why there were hate comments. As long as your child is capable to sit still for about 3-5 min the nails are dry "they have a very good top coat" then they wont get messed up. The workers are AMAZING i dont know how they do it everyday with a bunch of little kids running around screaming. I gave them each 20$ tip because tey deserved nothing less. As for gail, i realy dont know how she does it. She is one of the nicest owners iv gotten to know. That place looks amazing every time im in there. There is also a chart on the wall which all the workers have to do before and after each party. I wittnessed gail cheaking that it was done before they could get there phones. I would have my party here every year if my child didnt grow up! Love it here they really make you feel at home. GO TO SPA BABIES!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Tiajames
Rockaway, New Jersey
“Horrible Reviews came from HORRIBLE people!!!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First, I have been with SpaBabies since inception in the Fusion location on RT 46 in Denville. I must say, the owner, Gail does a fabulous job of keeping the parties on time and moving along. Yes, you booked a 2 hour party. Things have to keep moving even if a child chooses NOT to get their hair or nails done when it is their turn. If there is a party of 17 girls, and one child chooses not to get their hair done, the next child is in the chair and all ready to be pampered. I can tell you from weekly experience, those costumes, while some are old, are cleaned on site after each weekend. SpaBabies has a washer and dryer on site. Gail is very meticulous on keeping things clean, neat and orderly. You are dealing with little girls who come to a party who should be home in bed because they are sick. Gail and staff cannot afford to be sick and dissappoint other children who have their party's booked. Nothing in that Spa is dirty. As far as disinfectant, Gail has been a licensed manicurist for over 35 years!! Every nail station has disinfectant containers as well as the hair stations. The Mom's attending the party might not know what's IN the actual containers, however, if they actually asked, they would be shown. As far as the girls that work the parties, there is absolutely NO MANDATORY TIPPING, the girls work for tips but there is nothing mandatory about tipping. You give what you think the girls deserve. Nothing more, nothing less. In the end, anyone can make comments about any business. Give Gail a call, if you have questions, concerns or just want a tour, she is more than willing to accommodate most requests but remember, in the end, you simply can't make everyone happy. Some people have "Issue's" with everything.

Visited November 2013
Parsippany, New Jersey, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The owner is a HORRIBLE business woman!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Yesterday I took my 2 girls with a bunch of friends (17 kids, 3-6 year olds) to have our own Memorial Day celebration. In theory, Spa Babies is a great concept! The girls get to put on costumes; get their nails, hair and makeup done; play with Wii Dance 4 and hoola hoops while they wait and have a snack at the end. The costumes are very worn; as other reviewers have noted, however the kids don't mind so, to me, it's not a big deal. The owner of the shop, however, is SO over-the-top belligerent and unsympathetic; it is amazing to me that this person has been in business for 9 years!

My issue is thus; not all of the children were able to get their hair completely done by the end of our party -- one of my daughters, in particular.

When I mentioned this to the owner, she snarled back "I asked her 5 times if she wanted her hair done and she said 'no'!"

First, my daughter is 5 years old and was very hungry (it was 3:30). By the time they got to her, she was sitting down, getting ready to eat the treats we had all brought (a mini cupcake, in particular); which is why she didn't want to get her hair done at that exact moment in time. When I saw that a chair was opening up, I had no problem calling my daughters over to get their hair done; promising that they'd get to eat their food when they were finished (a promise that was also left unfulfilled at the hands of the owner).

Second, there was never a break in all of the stations being full (2 stations for toes, finger nails and hair); so, if it wasn't my daughter, it would have been someone else's daughter.

Third, for $50 a head ($25 for the session and $25 in required tips;$100 in total for my 2 kids); I would expect that everyone would get everything.

If you go to a restaurant and anything is even remotely out of place, they trip over themselves to ensure your experience is the best possible.

When I pursued the topic with this woman (because I couldn't believe she wouldn't spend all of 5 min to finish my daughter's hair), she suggested that I better leave or she might have to call the police! REALLY?!!!

To say I was unnerved is an understatement!

I can understand her perspective of needing to get things moving so that all parties can start and end on time; however there is a way to talk to customers and a way not to talk to customers. This woman could be in a training manual of the way NOT to talk to customers!

Clearly, we will never go there again and I strongly warn others that; if you're having a party there, make sure you don't have more than 12-13 kids attending. They do not have the capacity to handle more than this and the owner has no concern over your feelings or the satisfaction that her service brings.

Visited May 2013