“Warm, friendly atmosphere and well cared for hotel”

Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Warm, friendly atmosphere and well cared for hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Staff very professional and courteous. Obviously they want the visitors stay to be comfortable and provide a very warm home like atmosphere. ....if there is something you need all you have to do is ask.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nimmi K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out the review. We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
MAYS LANDING
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here for a family event in a nearby town - we were surprised at how crowded it was, especially families with young children. Breakfast was crowded and difficult to find a place to sit. We were pleased with our King room but wish it had a refrigerator. Only one computer in the business center so sometimes the wait was long.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out the review regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We appreciate your feedback.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Clean Rooms,Especially The Bathroom. Support Comfortable King Size Bed. Wish All Rooms Had A Mini Fridge. Close To Route 80 Yet No Traffic Noise. Nice Hot Breakfast, Would Stay Again. Breakfast Included Cold And Hot Cereal, Western Omlettes, Yogurt, Sausage Patties, Breads, Pastries, Muffins, Coffee, Tea, Apple, Cranberry, And Orange Juice. Pool Area Was Very Clean Without An Overpowering Smell Of Chlorine. Towels In Bathroom Were Rather Skimpy And Thin, Expected Better Quality.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank shalibibi
We greatly appreciate the review regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Denville. We are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast selection and the pool.
Fredon, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I had reserved 8 rooms at this hotel - 6 on one confirmation number (and pre-paid for them) plus 2 on my own card. When I went to check in at 1 am, the manager Garfield had given one of my two rooms to the other party and refused to give me 2 rooms. My client earlier in the day noticed that the hotel was trying to give him all 8 of my rooms and said that he returned one of the keys as they tried to give him the 7th room, and told the hotel that the last 2 rooms were for me. The night mgr Garfield would not let me check in to my one room that he claimed I had left without purchasing yet a 9th room and paying for it! I argued that it wasn't my fault that they gave my room to someone else, and needed two rooms but was only going to pay for the 8 (yes EIGHT that I was already paying for happily at that point) rooms, but not 9. This manager WOULD NOT do this for me, and so I ended up leaving telling him that I now had to drive home at 1 am for 45 minutes and that I was not satisfied at all and would be putting in a complaint. In addition to this, at 1 am he had a girl of age 5-6 walking around behind the counter with crayons and paper. This is not supposed to be a budget roach motel where I would expect that a child would be up at 1 am behind the desk, this is a part of the Hilton Chain! I called the Hampton Inn customer service line and they started a complaint. The general manager Nimmi Kaur emailed me and right away stated that I paid for only 5 rooms. I emailed back the amounts charged to me for the SIX rooms and asked for a refund. Nimmi then emailed me several more times telling me that I will be paying for 5 rooms, and every email my response was the same "you have a 100% guarantee and I was not even able to get into your hotel to sleep at 1 AM!!! I would like a refund of my entire payment as everything from the beginning was wrong - the original reservation was wrong, the names on the rooms were wrong, and wrongfully they denied me access to 8 rooms. They are still denying a refund to me, so don't believe the 100% guarantee sign on the desk. RUN AWAY from this hotel and stay near the mall.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family of 4 visited this hotel specifically to use the pool, which was nice and clean and the water was warm. The breakfast was pretty good as well. The staff was pleasant. It was nice that we were able to use the lobby for our Chinese takeout dinner. We will likely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nimmi K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We would like to thank you for the recent review of our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed the pool and breakfast. We would also like to thank you for the kind words regarding our staff.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

My boyfriend lives two hours away so when he comes to visit we are always looking for somewhere AFFORDABLE to stay. We always get smoking rooms which are usually the worst (and expectedly so).. we know what we are in for when we stay at hotels in the $75-100 range and this is the first place that we have had no complaints. Room was clean - didnt even smell like smoke - bed was comfortable, flat screen tv, and once again, it was CLEAN. This is the first time I have ever written a review but I felt compelled to - We will definitely be staying here from now on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We would like to thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate the comments and hope to see you soon.
Manning, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I stay here once every other week. Very clean,seems like a brand new hotel everytime I stay. Sun - wed nights are the most expensive. Thur - sat are the cheap nights. 85.99.....breakfast is always great,hotel even sells beer. Dont hesitate to book the Denville Hampton.

• Stayed January 2013
Nimmi K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
We would like to thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the positive comments about the cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denville
Hampton Inn & Suites Parsippany/North
Homewood Suites Dover-Rockaway
Hilton Garden Inn Rockaway
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Arlington-Rockaway Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Parsippany
Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
Sonesta ES Suites Parsippany
#3 of 16 in Parsippany

Been to Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany? Share your experiences!