“Did the job, clean, nothing special”

Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Denville
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We booked this hotel to enjoy some time in North Jersey with friends over Super Bowl weekend. The rates were reasonable and we had a good experience at a Hampton Inn in Puerto Rico.
There was plenty of free onsite parking. Check-in was a breeze and we went up to our room. The hotel seemed clean and had an up-to-date look in the public areas.
The room was a good size king room with a large full bathroom on the right, a small area for hanging clothes on the left, dresser/entertainment center with HDtv opposite a king bed as well as a desk area. The room had wall-unit heating/air conditioning. The room was very clean and in good repair, but I found many of the fixtures and finishes to be flimsy and cheap, kind of like you would expect at a lower budget establishment. Nevertheless, we were able to enjoy our room without incident. We would have liked to sleep a little later but many of the guests were up and about early on the Sunday morning and we could hear them in the hallway.
One nice feature was that the hotel has a little sundries shop next to the front desk as there is no drug or convenience stores close to the property. We did forget a personal care item and were able to purchase it from the hotel at a reasonable price.
The stay included free breakfast, however we found the offerings more consistent with lower budget chains rather than our last Hampton Inn experience, so we went to a pancake house in a nearby town. Despite some of the shortcomings, I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Nimmi K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn Denville . We look forward to your next visit to us when you are in the area,

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Clean, comfortable, nice pool and breakfast, friendly staff

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

We would like to thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Denville during your recent visit in the area, We are pleased that you enjoyed staying with us and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here at the Denville Hampton Inn, last June visiting my Godfather and had great experience. So good in fact that we returned to the Denville Hampton Inn this past week for four days, as we journeyed to NJ for his funeral. Because of our previous experience we recommended our family stay here as well, and we were all on the same floor. However, they were smart enough to not put us all next to each other.

This is the only Hampton Inn I have stayed at, and while it is not the Ritz, it is lovely, I have dealt only with courteous staff, that have been extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. When we asked about a refrigerator, they offered to deliver one, when I was not able to connect to the free data connection, the on duty manager reset the server and all was well. I asked for the directions to the local Charlie Browns stake house, and they were spot on.

It was affordable, and clean and honestly when you add everything in together it makes it a very positive stay and I will be back when I return to the area.

They also have a little concession area, next to the check in area that sells assorted food and toiletries. as part of this area, they also offer a selection of beer by the bottle.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This hotel is a bit off the beaten path but a very nice property. Pleasant staff and acceptable room but perhaps needing facelift. I had an upgraded King room which had a jacuzzi located in its own little alcove...a nice feature and out of the way. They served typical breakfast for Hampton properties. It would have been better if the room had had a refrigerator though.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Nimmi K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denville / Rockaway / Parsippany, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2012

Thank you for staying with us . We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. See you soon.

Nimmi Kaur

Reviewed December 2, 2011

The hotel was TOTALLY full the Thur - Sat that I stayed here due to a lot of power outages in the area. But they were more than accommodating of my visit. I had one type of room on Thur and Fri, and another type on Saturday night, and they took the care to put all the rooms near each other and offered to help me move my luggage on the day of the change in room types. I was a little busy as that was my wedding day, so the help was greatly appreciated! They were also very flexible with check in - check out times.

The rooms were clean and neat - exactly what you would expect of a hotel like this. I was pleased with my stay here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

There was nothing particularly singular about this Hampton Inn in Northwest New Jersey and that's not necessarily a bad thing. The room is quiet ,comfortable and pretty well appointed. Updated Flat screen tv, shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion in the room and a so-so continental breakfast in the lobby. Except for the make your own waffles, the hot choices were microwaved eggs and breakfast meats and instant oatmeal by the packet. Fresh fruits and yogurt, muffins and toast and box cereals are your other alternatives. There is an indoor pool and fitness center, but the hottub was out of order when we were there. Be sure to look for towels before getting in the pool - we had to run into the fitness center to get them just before our swim. The hotel is situated on an industrial street easily accessed from Route 80, so there's not much to compliment about the exterior. However you're a relatively short drive from nice parks and the Rockaway Mall. The front desk staff was very courteous and anxious to please as was the breakfast attendant. Probably a little overpriced for this weekend overnight, but we wanted something reliable and I guess it suited our needs.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We lost power during the blizzard on Oct 29. We lost power on 10/29 and had no heat so decided to check into the hotel down the street at the Hampton Inn in Denville. It is literally 1 mile from us. All of my friends stayed there too for the entire week we didn't have power. They treated us so great. We had so many kids among us and they never complained about the kids in the lobby or after school. Our kids all had to do their homework after school during the week and they offered them juice..and had hot chocolate and homemade cookies for them. It was definitely a home away from home. The staff was so friendly and accomodating. it was like a vacation for us. The hotel is so clean and the rooms. At one point the lady was washing the lobby floor an second time she said because she felt it wasn't clean enough! I can't say enough about this hotel. The staff is top notch!!! We will be staying there during the winter when we want a quick get away close to use the pool and just a change of scenery! You will not be disappointed if you need to stay here.. I feel like I need to go back to say thank you again and I kind of miss the hotel. Thank you Hampton Inn! You helped us during a difficult time! you made it great!

Room Tip: king size bed and pull out couch is bigger for families