“Favourite diner of all time”
Review of Hibernia Diner

Hibernia Diner
Ranked #7 of 81 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

This diner will always be my favourite. Always come here, mostly during the late hours (11pm- 4am). Hibernia has the best disco fries I've ever had, always have to get it when I'm here! Chicken tenders are always a good choice, their burgers aren't the best I've had but definitely delicious. CoOwner Steve is the man, he'll take care of you! Some awesome waiters and waitresses too, though I don't know their names. Definitely come here if you have the chance! Enjoy the disco!

There are newer reviews for Hibernia Diner

Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stopped here for a late breakfast on our way west from Newark. Fantastic food - I had the potato pancakes, my husband the blueberry. Waitress very friendly and efficient. She even noticed the British accents and offered us milk for our tea

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Awesome menu no one will ever leave hungry. Food was plentiful and wonderful. I will be back soon for more.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We were showing our granddaughter around the area where we grew up and also wanted to take her to a different real Jersey diner on each day. We went to Hibernia Diner on Sunday, after church, for breakfast. We were not disappointed!! Our waiter, Roberto was excellent. He got the food out quite quickly. I ordered a western omelette which was very good. Tender and delicious. One of our party ordered the corn beef hash and eggs. It, too, was very enjoyable. Our other breakfast was half a melon and with them being in season right now, it was perfect. This was a terrific breakfast stop and the price was right. We all ate great meals with coffee and orange juice for $26 dollars total.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stopped in for lunch(around14:00) on Thursday. The diner was not busy. I ordered the chicken basket, my wife ordered the chicken fried steak. Both meals came with soup and salad. The split pea soup was good, tasty. The mushroom good but too heavy/thick creamy. Salad was salad, OK.
1) Chicken fried steak: the "steak" was grey meat, hard breading was most of the steak. Each piece was hard and difficult to cut with a knife. It appeared that the food had been cooked and then reheated/cooked for this order. The black beans/corn looked like they had been sitting for awhile then just heated again.
2) Chicken basket: The chicken was not fresh, it appeared to have been precooked and then re fried for this order. The meat was very dry and lacked any flavor. However, the frys did appear fresh but lacked any salt.
Both meals appeared to have been precooked and then just recooked for our order.
The manager did offer to have another meal prepared for us "to makeup for the bad one" but by this time we did not have an appetite.