“Favorite Restaurant In the Area”

Charlie Brown's Steakhouse
Ranked #32 of 76 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our philosophy is simple; to provide great food, exceptional value and friendly service to each and every customer we serve.
NJ
“Favorite Restaurant In the Area”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Absolutely love the salad bar - service is always great and the steaks are always good! Member of the handshake club and like the benefits offered. Wish there were more of them - miss the Hackettstown location.

• Visited July 2013

Hopatcong, New Jersey
“Disappointed this trip!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We are handshake club members and regulars at This Charlie Browns and have always found the food to be good and the salad bar excellent. However, on this last visit, two of the four of us were disappointed in the dinners. Our friend had the Jumbo lump Crabcakes and they looked more like overcooked meatballs than crab...she was not thrilled with the look or flavor ...I had the "shrimpfest" ..,which I have had many times over the years...but this time the shrimp seemed to be oily, over fried and the coconut too strong. Not sure if they had a new cook or the oil was not clean, but I could not enjoy this meal. Eating salad bar and rice was nit in my plans when I arrived at the restaurant. I am hoping this was just an off nite as I would hate to think we will not be meeting at Charlie Browns anymore.

• Visited July 2013
Rockaway Township, NJ
“Hit or miss. The salad bar keeps me coming.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love their salad bar but the rest of the menu is never outstanding and is sometimes gross. Kind of like the equivalent to Red Lobster for fish. They probably have cooks, not chefs, and work off a chain type recipe. I hate chains and this definitely has that feel. The service is also hit or miss and they seem to have a lot of turn over. There is one bus boy who has been there forever and he's great but the wait staff usually screws up the bill and are slow. Again, I go here for the salad bar. Period.

Visited April 2013
Denville, New Jersey
“Okay.”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a steak dinner. Steak was okay. I was not impressed. The meal was mediocre.Priced accordingly. Potato was cold.

Floral Park, New York
“It's more than steak”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had regularly visited Charlie Brown's Steakhouses in various places but all that were local to us have closed. We were surprised to find that the Denville location was still open. In the past we have found that the daytime service was good but slow and inconsistent at night. This time we had good evening service and we enjoyed a hamburger with sauteed onions and a cheeseburger with Swiss. We enjoyed them both but were disappointed with the sweet potato fries which were somewhat limp. We did not buy the salad bar but we have enjoyed that in the past. We often made that our meal. There are interesting salads, nice fruit and terrific bread. Our waitress told us that the chain has had financial problems but they have maintained some of the locations. She also told us that they will be renamed Charlie Brown's Grill to reflect the varied menu.

• Visited March 2013