“good value for good food”
Review of Rattlesnake Ranch Cafe - CLOSED

Rattlesnake Ranch Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Ledgewood, New Jersey
“good value for good food”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Went for dinner last week, and it was very good. Service was great and manager stopped by to check up on us.

I had the mahi mahi with the mango salsa. Large portion and very good. I wish they had salmon but the mahi was very good. My wife had a burger with sweet potato fries.

We shared the Shrimp and Chorizo appetizer. I wish it had a bigger portion but what we received was great. I dip the chips in the garlic sauce. You get a basket of chips and small cup of salsa free. That goes quickly and you have to pay for the second basket.

We'll go again.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Mets86champs

Chester, United Kingdom
“Good food, a little expensive”
Reviewed March 27, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was good and an interesting menu, where else would you get alligator in New Jersey? For what was served however, the prices were high, especially when you consider Jose Tapis is just along Rt46.

Visited February 2014
new jersey
“NEW OWNERS MAKING CHANGES”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Our 1st visit after ownership changed was a rocky food and service experience. I will say that this last visit was much improved. Food was very good and portions were monstrous. Service personnel were very attentive and Edgar, the manager, stopped by twice to make sure everything was satisfactory. We did mention to him how pleased we were with the turnaround of the restaurant in all aspects.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank pdeanartis
Franklin, New Jersey
“Surprising new find! Loved it!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

After reading only adequate reviews, I saw a Living Social deal and decided it was worth a try, as I had heard of this place. Well, what a surprise. For the type of restaurant, a mid-level family style, it was more than a five star experience. Truly ever single thing about our evening was great.

It started with a far above average waitress. We are picky eaters, and every one of us had special orders and requests. She acted like that everybody did that, without any hesitation agreeing to help us every time. Best of all, with the help of the chef, they got it all correct! Any time we ran out of something, she noticed, so we never wanted for anything. I have been to expensive restaurants and gotten nowhere near as good a waitperson. In fact, many of there staff stopped over to check on us and see if we needed anything. As a small group of middle aged women, we don't usually get this level of service.

Then came the food. A frozen Margarita was tasty and had a "real" strawberry taste. We adored the free tortilla chips and salsa. Oddly, the chips were deep dark green, but they tasted like normal colored ones and were so delicious.

Being new to the place and unsure what to expect, we went simple - tacos. I got the chicken taco salad. It came in a huge homemade tortilla bowl with TONS of moist, flavorful chicken. I had a previous favorite taco salad, but sorry, Rattlesnake is my new favorite! My companions got hard shelled (homemade shells) "make your own" tacos. We all agreed that we have NEVER seen them laid out as beautifully. They came with a huge plate of "color blocked" toppings, all bright and fresh and a taco holder on the side with the shells. They even let us get 1/2 and 1/2 on the meat choices, which solved the dilemma of deciding. All were great.

Our coupon included a free fried ice cream to split. I was also gorgeously presented, and huge. Three of us were unable to finish a single one. It was vanilla ice cream coated in what appeared to be rice puffs. It sat in a homemade cinnamon taco shell that our waitress correctly suggested was too good to miss.

The prices were fair for the very large servings and great quality (we all had leftovers). Had we not had the coupon it only would have cost us a little more than $20 each, with one of ordering a frozen drink and two ordering soft drinks. Most of the mid-priced chain restaurants cost more and are not as nice.

We eat out fairly often at mid-priced restaurants, and this experience really was way above average. We can't wait to go back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Karen K
LOOCHIE
“Go somewhere else, like taco bell!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The chips are from a bag, the salsa a can, ugh! Nothing was good not even the drinks! Ok wait I will give them the one decent thing, the taco shells are good. Its great as a laxative that's for sure!

• Visited December 2013