“Fantastic Breakfast/lunch spot”

Ranked #19 of 81 Restaurants in Denville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Now know as Carver's (same people, same food, new name), this is my family's favorite place for breakfast. We eat here almost every weekend. The make their own bread for the toast and french toast, including such delicious variety as multigrain raisin. They bake pies. They make fabulous pancakes. Every week there are omelet, french toast and pancake specials. The oatmeal pancakes are wonderful, and often topped with peaches, apples, etc. I wait every year for the ricotta pancakes. Soooo good. Be warned, it is a small restaurant, with a small kitchen, so you will likely wait for a table and then wait for your food. But it is worth it. Just don't come if you are in a rush. Lunch is good too, with a variety of soups, sandwiches, variants of grilled cheese, etc.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Love this place! I am a foodie snob and haven't found a place like this for breakfast and lunch in a long time. Not only is Carver's food creative, but everything is spot on as far as taste blends and preparation. The menu is unique and seasonal. I am absolutely hooked on his homemade breads. I just had his pumpkin bread and it is to die for! I wish I lived closer!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have lived in Denville my entire life (31) my husband moved here when we or married and I must say, it is such a GREAT place to be able to go to and have a nice breakfast w him. Always busy, but always always on point with food. I have had most of their specials and let me tell you the food is SPECIAL. Best food and I do not like getting up early yet I will get up to go here with my husband b4 he goes to work and be so happy all day bc my belly is full w delicious food. The waitresses are so sweet and its "small town" living bc they remember ur favorites and get to know u. I love it. Yummmm! 10 stars if they'd let me.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Doc's is the place to go for a terrific breakfast. The place is small and there are no reservations. If it's crowded and you have to wait you give your name to the host and they will usually tell you how long a wait it will be. The portions are generous, the food delicious. There are always blackboard specials as well. It the nice weather there are a few tables set outside. You can't beat Doc's for the food and price. Try it, you'll like it.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I ate here four mornings in a row. It would have been five, but they were closed on July 4th. Great food, great service!

1  Thank jc435