“This is a great place when you want to really let loose”
Review of SoGo Hibachi

SoGo Hibachi
Ranked #9 of 81 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I love this restaurant ever since they redid this place. The bar up front is packed on Friday & Saturday nights, the Hibachi stations inside are great also. They have an extensive drinks menu, their sushi is really good also. They have a great outside deck overlooking a small river which is great for warm summer nights under the stars. The only downside is that the tab runs up quickly in this place.

There are newer reviews for SoGo Hibachi

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Pretty good food. Reasonable prices for Hibachi. Very packed on a Friday night. Interesting decor and valet parking was a must, but free.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We've been coming here since they opened several years ago. It's consistently good food and an entertaining show. Love the sushi/sashimi here but try not to indulge very often. Full disclosure: hibachi is not my thing but my boys love it and when family visits its really the perfect place to satisfy everyone and have a good time too.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went there with my coworkers on last Saturday night. Everything was really nice, they have a patio next to the river. Our server was really friendly. There's nice athmosphere and our next night out will be defenetly at Sogo! Wish I would live a little bit closer! I recommend Sogo to everybody!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Cockroach at the table !!! Went here for my bday dinner tonight. Was my 2nd time here. The service was ok, good waiter but the hostess was not great and seemed very stressed during a low traffic hour. The food and drinks were good but the entire experience was ruined as the waiter came over to wrap the left overs and a cockroach ran across the table... Gross! I did not make a scene and discreetly went to tell the host and manager. I think they thought I was lying. They thanked me for my discretion but did not apologize for the circumstance. The manager offered us a drink at the bar after we paid the bill (as if I would want to eat / drink anything after seeing that disgusting cockroach run across the table) needless to say I did not enjoy the service and will have to not recommend this restaurant to anyone in the future. Before it was Sogo and used to be Banzai my parents said they had a similar experience with a mouse years ago. Not clean and very disappointed .... Good luck if you choose to go here and keep and eye out for pest and critters. If this was seen at the table I can't imagine what their back of house looks like !