“Hibachi the luck of the draw”
Review of SoGo Hibachi

SoGo Hibachi
Ranked #12 of 79 Restaurants in Denville
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway
Denville, New Jersey
“Hibachi the luck of the draw”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

You go to a Hibachi for the fun of the show. You share a Hibatchi with the luck of the draw for who is at your table and who is the chef. At Sogo the food is the same quality as others from Benni-Hanna and East Tokoko. So comparing them there
all the similar so that makes them average.You take a chance that they chefs
are not robots. They have different personnalities and they all don't have the same act compared to each other. The third part of your dining is the other guesrs
they can be fun,they can have poor eating habits, they can be who they are.
So each meal is never the same. All in All they try to give you a good time,good service, In a extremely clean restaurant that is themed.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank denden64

Bogota, Colombia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect food”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

There is no bad comment for this restaurant, the service is great, food is delicious, prices are good. I like the decoration and either I was very lucky, but the wait was not bad at all. I was there was one wer I live.

Visited September 2012
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey
“A very enjoyable evening”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Went here on a Friday night with my husband. Was able to get a reservation that same afternoon. We arrived at 6:30 and there was actually a valet to park the car, due to the limited parking spaces, but these guys were real sweethearts, racing to open my side of the car both on arrival and departure. The restaurant is sort of divided into 4 sections, a small bar with tables, a dining area for sushi and regular menu items, the hibachi area (the biggest by far), and a very attractive and popular (it was a beautiful evening weather wise) patio. Food was solidly good, as was the service. Nice touches were ededame (soybeans!) instead of the usual salad. And it was served with noodles instead of rice which I actually prefer. And a nice mixture of veggies - carrots, squash, onions, broccoli, etc. The fried rice was very popular at our table, I thought it was a bit pricey at 3.95, but my hubby and I each got an order. It was HUGE!!!! We totally should have shared. And it was super good, but with the noodles we ended up taking most of the rice home. We both had steak and scallops, and the scallops were enormous and so so good!! My only complaint with the meal, is that there could have been more onions with the veggies and in the fried rice. They were very sweet and I always think you could use more onions!! I would definitely come back when I am in a hibachi mood!!

• Visited September 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Sets the standard”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Without question, the best sushi and sashimi I have had. Been here twice when on business and I drive far out of my way to eat here. Jumbo shrimp and scallops are just that, JUMBO.

Orlando
“Food is spot on....service is shotty.”
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

First the sushi is the best ever! You can't go wrong in the lounge. The service in the hibachi is poor at times. Overall it's a great place for sushi,good for hibachi.