“mostly positive, and some room for improvement”
Review of Ninuzzo Trattoria

Ninuzzo Trattoria
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Cream Ridge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: "A new restaurant run by the same folks who own La Piazza in Allentown, NJ".
New Egypt, New Jersey
“mostly positive, and some room for improvement”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was a return trip to this restaurant after a visit 4 months prior.
The entrees have always been tasty and well prepared. This time we had the duck with blackberry sauce (medium rare). The accompanying oven roasted potatoes were nicely done but, sitting in a pool of unnecessary olive oil. Each entree comes with soup or salad. We opted for the italian wedding soup which was wonderful but, tepid. We asked for it to be reheated. My husband's came back hot and steaming, and mine was cold. I went ahead and ate it anyway. We chose the soup because previously we had the salad with house dressing which is garlic. It kept us up with heartburn all night.
Also, this night we asked for the bread plain with olive oil dipping sauce on the side. That was much better. Generally, they bring the bread with olive oil poured all over it. It gets uncomfortable sitting there with olive oil all over your hands and then trying to find a waiter to bring you extra napkins to wipe it off.
We'll give it a few months and then try it again.
They now have outdoor seating which is a plus.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank bronzebabe

Jackson, NJ
“Caring, creative chef”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

First of all, the place is NOT what it appears to be, which is another red-sauce joint in a strip mall in the middle of Nowhere, New Jersey. In my neck of the woods (and I do mean WOODS), this is the closest thing to big-city fine dining you will ever encounter. The decor is casually elegant and upscale with brick accents, dark woods and recessed pottery pieces decorating the walls. What, no posters of Italy??!! The entrance is separated: one door for the dining room, and another, down a long hallway, is where they handle takeout. Other than an individual children's pie, THERE IS NO PIZZA ON THE DINNER MENU. Instead, chef Jerry LoPresti presents a contemporary take on classic Italian -- with a twist. And he does it really, really well: Traditional sausage and broccoli rabe is brought to another level, with a seared coil of hot Italian sausage sitting atop roasted red peppers and the sauteed greens, finished with a generous drizzle of 25-year-old balsamic vinegar and slivers of sharp provolone cheese. That is a meal starter! The tender Calamari Mondello is quickly fried, lightly dressed in a white balsamic sauce, and tossed with hot cherry peppers, roasted garlic and whole caperberries. Jerry's version of a bolognese sauce is meltingly tender veal, slowly braised and pulled, then combined with sauteed onions and fresh herbs. My favorite! Another big winner is the Salmon Jennifer, grilled and topped with sauteed cherry tomatoes, asparagus and garlic in wine sauce. And if you're gluten-free, like I am, you might think you'd died and gone to heaven: the menu includes gluten-free pasta (which actually TASTES like pasta), ravioli, and they are continuing to add GF bread and desserts. It's BYOB, so bring a special bottle of wine to measure up to the food. The service is cordial and attentive. The atmosphere is welcoming, and there's a little outside patio ringed by a garden wall for when the weather is nice. In fact, I just hosted a birthday party on the patio, 24 people with less than a week's notice, and every detail was PERFECT. My friends are still raving about the food. I had ordered the meal ahead, to be served family style; but that didn't stop Chef Jerry from coming out of the kitchen to consult with a guest who had an onion allergy and making him something special. That's the kind of place this is: not only is the food great, they really care.

• Visited June 2012
Jackson, NJ
“Best food I've ever tasted”
Reviewed April 13, 2012

There is not a thing I've eaten at this restaurant that I didn't love. Great atmosphere, and a fantastic serving crew. Each person I see working there always has a smile on their face and will engage you in conversation if they're not really busy. The 'specials' menu is always chock-full of amazing creations and never cease to satisfy my taste-buds! A+

• Visited March 2012
nj
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We have been to Ninuzzo once a month and love this place. To first the bread is fantastic then we always get an appetizer usually they are on special. The entrees are always good. They always have excellent specials. I have never had any problems with the food or service here. Great place to go with friends or family to have a great meal.

• Visited March 2012
“MY NEWEST FAVORITE PLACE!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

i've been here several times and I keep coming back for more! meals are excellent and the portions are more than fair along with the prices. wide selection of seafood, veal, chicken, pork, and steak. anything can come family style for larger parties. Ninuzzo Trattoria is definitely my favorite place!