“50th Birthday Surprise Party”
Review of The Cranbury Inn

The Cranbury Inn
Ranked #7 of 20 Restaurants in Cranbury
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Cranbury Inn! The Cranbury Inn is an ideal location for many types of special functions. Since 1750, The Cranbury Inn has continued to function for its original purpose of offering food and drink to people from all over the world. Enjoy our dining experience from our various menus, complimented by our extensive wine list and full service bar, in a warm friendly atmosphere with attentive service from our wait staff. The Cranbury Inn will periodically send special savings, promotions, and coupons to our preferred internet clients. To take advantage of these online specials, please join our email mailing list. Call us today for more information!
Reviewed October 29, 2018

I had eaten here a few times before, and decided to book the restaurant for a Surprise 50th birthday party for my girlfriend. Booking seemed very easy, and the price was right. The staff, primarily Tom and Linda were very helpful. The guests were to gather in the bar area for the surprise, then we were to be led into the room for the party. HOWEVER, when I got there with the birthday girl, the guests were NOT in the bar area, but in the party room, and the door was open! So she saw the guests before the surprise! Also, just as we were walking in, a woman at the front desk said, "Oh, you're with the (my last name) party?" which FURTHER gave it away! I was very upset because she had no idea it was a surprise party for her and the venue itself ruined it. Once the party started, everything got better, but the kitchen was so slow, we didn't have dinner served for over 2 hours. And once it finally WAS served, everyone got their dinner EXCEPT THE BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! By the time her chicken came out, everyone else was done, AND her chicken was undercooked! A real disappointment. My feeling is they are not well equipped for such a function.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed August 9, 2018

They suggested we have 15 delicious appetisers instead of a dinner,wow what a hit.
The hall easily accomodated and the food was excelent.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed July 24, 2018

I don't know if George Washington or Thomas Jefferson ate here but they were in this area when the Cranbury Inn was built. I had an excellent shrimp cocktail that were larger than i expected. The Shrimp Scampi was excellent also.
We were a family party of eight on a Monday night and the service was excellent.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

An undiscovered gem! You won’t find a better historic Inn than The Cranbury Inn. It was an important meeting place and tavern used by our Revolutionary War heroes not far from the Monmouth Battlefield in Cranbury, NJ. And don’t forget to order their famous crab cakes!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

One of my favorite local restaurants, the Cranbury Inn Never disappoints. My favorites are their Turkey Dinner and Calves Liver, Onions and Bacon!! Great ingredients, great cooking, great atmosphere and great service!! How can you go wrong!

Date of visit: November 2017

Been to The Cranbury Inn? Share your experiences!