“An Average Stay, But Would Return”

Residence Inn Cranbury South Brunswick
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cranbury
Milwaukee, WI
“An Average Stay, But Would Return”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for about 5 nights. Checking in was nice and easy. One of my friends had a late flight so we didn't check in until about 11pm, but the front desk was accommodating of this. Throughout the stay it seemed like some of the staff members were more proficient than others, but a big shout out to the man who was at the front desk every night, whose name I failed to remember. Since none of us were familiar with the area we asked him a bunch of questions throughout our stay and he always answered them with a smile on his face. He knew pretty much everything about the area and about the hotel itself.

We were only around for the free breakfast twice, but they had a nice selection. We mingled with a few of the guests during the breakfasts, too. I was slightly surprised to see how many people were staying at the hotel, because we didn't hear ANY noise during the night.

When it comes to the room itself, it was very clean when we arrived. There were extra covers and pillows in the closet, dishwasher soap under the sink, and an extra roll of TP by the bathroom sink. One nitpick was that the pots and pans they provided us with were stained and seemed old. The big downside was that it seemed that Housekeeping forgot about us. We constantly had to call for extra towels, and on our third day there we got back to the room at about 2pm and were able to call Housekeeping to come tidy up for us three lazy travelers. Don't get me wrong, they did a wonderful when they came to our room, we returned later that night to find the dishwasher running, the toilet smelling like strong lemon scented cleaner, and fresh sheets on the bed.

If you have to do laundry, it'd be easier to either bring your own travel detergent or to find a laundromat near by. It's too expensive to wash just one load of laundry. There's a nice little restaurant within walking distance that's worth checking out, too.

Overall, a clean hotel, decent sized rooms, and friendly staff. Downside, Housekeeping schedule, laundry area, and some small details about the room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel messed up my reservation dates, althought I had an email conformation that I provided the asst GM with as proof she would NOT honor the confirmed pricing that I had. She was very rude and in a round about way called me a liar. I called Marrott corporate and requested to speak with a manager, much to my surprise the customer service there was just as bad as it was at the hotel level. After spend 2 hours on the phone with them I was informed to go back to the front desk to speak with the asst GM AGAIN. I was told once again that they made a mistake with my reservation and that my price should have been $20 higher per night. I was finally able to get them to honor the pricing that my conformation reflected. AGAIN, it took 3 hours from beginning to end to get this resolved, not to mention I have to call their corporate offices and get them involved! POOR customer service!!!! IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE... YOUR CUSTOMER SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUFFER AS A RESULT OF IT! Needless to say, I have will not be staying at that hotel again. I travel to that area at least 1 week per month for business. At the end of the day they have not only lost money from my future stays, but I will also warn others not to stay here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank DMS9567

Travelers are raving about these Cranbury hotels

Boston
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is your pretty standard Residence Inn. Nothing really bad, but nothing really exceptional (except for maybe the staff... they are extremely helpful and friendly and I would categorize them as exceptional).

The hotel is clean, the rooms are just what you'd expect of a Residence Inn. It was really just the details that were lacking... but when you travel a lot for business, you start to get picky. The room smelled like curry for the duration of my stay (I know, I know, it's not REALLY their fault but it wasn't really pleasant, either). The air unit, which is in the bedroom, sounds like an airplane taking off. Thankfully it was fall and I didn't really need to use heat or AC but this would have been a deal breaker at another time of year. The computer wasn't working when I really needed it. And the road at the front side of the hotel can be pretty loud (though, hey, the loud a/c would certainly drown it out).

A note on location: There's a decent italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel. It's BYOB, so make sure to stop at the AWESOME liquor store down the street. And it's only 5 minutes from Cranbury's really quaint mainstreet. If you're feeling lazy, get take out from the delicious Cranbury Pizza.

For the average traveler staying a night or two, I'd recommend it. I get around enough, however, that I'm not sure whether I'll be returning or not. I guess it's TBD.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jacie5
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for central Jersey sightseeing. Reasonably comfortable though the bedroom (1 bedroom suite) was a bit tight. Great kitchen.Staff very friendly and helpful. Can bring most any type of pet and can leave them in the room when you go out! VERY rare to find.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NL144
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is your regular Residence Inn which I have always found to be fantastic. The rooms are very clean and quiet and the staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. The included breakfast is complete with many selections including hot items. We had a great time here and really enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Needed a place to crash near Princeton before an early morning drive to JFK to catch a flight. Location is acceptable: About 10 minutes from the New Jersey Turnpike. It took me an hour and 15 minutes from this hotel to the car rental return area of JFK airport in morning traffic (around 08:30 AM).
I asked for a quiet room in order to catch up on some sleep. Was given room 239. That indeed is at the head of the building away from other hotel guests. But it is also closest to Route 130 and very susceptible to all night train noise from the tracks behind the road. It was a noisy night. Room was clean and simple. Staff was friendly but didn't really understand what a quiet room meant. Breakfast was not the best. Hotel overcharged my credit card (room bill was U$ 85.- but they charged U$ 110.- on my card), which I'm sure will be straightened out, but is never the less irritating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rene S
Hopewell, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We moved to this hotel after staying at another Marriott hotel in the area. We stayed several days with three small children. Service was incredible. They made sure that all of our needs were met. The breakfast buffet has eggs, muffins, potatoes, breads, cereal, and a waffle maker. The layout of the two bedroom suite was perfect for our family of five. This hotel was refreshingly quieter than the other one. The walls seems much more sound-proof and the cliental of the hotel seems to be mostly business travelers. The fitness room is on the small side. The pool area is nicely fashioned and indoor, however the chlorine levels were not right. My bikini looked as if it had been dipped in bleach after sitting in the hot tub and it made our eyes water. Besides the incident at the pool, our stay has been very comfortable. The restaurant next door is very good. Downtown Cranbury is a short drive from the hotel, and is a nice place to stroll around, eat, or enjoy the Village Park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MommyTravels4Fun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cranbury
Courtyard Cranbury South Brunswick
Staybridge Suites Cranbury
Holiday Inn East Windsor - Cranbury Area
Ramada Plaza Conference Center Cranbury South Brunswick
Hampton Inn East Windsor
Hampton Inn East Windsor
#1 of 5 in East Windsor
Days Inn East Windsor/Hightstown

Been to Residence Inn Cranbury South Brunswick? Share your experiences!