“An Average Stay. Could Take it Or Leave It.”

Residence Inn Cranbury South Brunswick
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cranbury
Boston
“An Average Stay. Could Take it Or Leave It.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is your pretty standard Residence Inn. Nothing really bad, but nothing really exceptional (except for maybe the staff... they are extremely helpful and friendly and I would categorize them as exceptional).

The hotel is clean, the rooms are just what you'd expect of a Residence Inn. It was really just the details that were lacking... but when you travel a lot for business, you start to get picky. The room smelled like curry for the duration of my stay (I know, I know, it's not REALLY their fault but it wasn't really pleasant, either). The air unit, which is in the bedroom, sounds like an airplane taking off. Thankfully it was fall and I didn't really need to use heat or AC but this would have been a deal breaker at another time of year. The computer wasn't working when I really needed it. And the road at the front side of the hotel can be pretty loud (though, hey, the loud a/c would certainly drown it out).

A note on location: There's a decent italian restaurant adjacent to the hotel. It's BYOB, so make sure to stop at the AWESOME liquor store down the street. And it's only 5 minutes from Cranbury's really quaint mainstreet. If you're feeling lazy, get take out from the delicious Cranbury Pizza.

For the average traveler staying a night or two, I'd recommend it. I get around enough, however, that I'm not sure whether I'll be returning or not. I guess it's TBD.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jacie5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for central Jersey sightseeing. Reasonably comfortable though the bedroom (1 bedroom suite) was a bit tight. Great kitchen.Staff very friendly and helpful. Can bring most any type of pet and can leave them in the room when you go out! VERY rare to find.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NL144
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is your regular Residence Inn which I have always found to be fantastic. The rooms are very clean and quiet and the staff is extremely accommodating and friendly. The included breakfast is complete with many selections including hot items. We had a great time here and really enjoyed the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Needed a place to crash near Princeton before an early morning drive to JFK to catch a flight. Location is acceptable: About 10 minutes from the New Jersey Turnpike. It took me an hour and 15 minutes from this hotel to the car rental return area of JFK airport in morning traffic (around 08:30 AM).
I asked for a quiet room in order to catch up on some sleep. Was given room 239. That indeed is at the head of the building away from other hotel guests. But it is also closest to Route 130 and very susceptible to all night train noise from the tracks behind the road. It was a noisy night. Room was clean and simple. Staff was friendly but didn't really understand what a quiet room meant. Breakfast was not the best. Hotel overcharged my credit card (room bill was U$ 85.- but they charged U$ 110.- on my card), which I'm sure will be straightened out, but is never the less irritating.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rene S

Travelers are raving about these Cranbury hotels

Hopewell, New Jersey
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We moved to this hotel after staying at another Marriott hotel in the area. We stayed several days with three small children. Service was incredible. They made sure that all of our needs were met. The breakfast buffet has eggs, muffins, potatoes, breads, cereal, and a waffle maker. The layout of the two bedroom suite was perfect for our family of five. This hotel was refreshingly quieter than the other one. The walls seems much more sound-proof and the cliental of the hotel seems to be mostly business travelers. The fitness room is on the small side. The pool area is nicely fashioned and indoor, however the chlorine levels were not right. My bikini looked as if it had been dipped in bleach after sitting in the hot tub and it made our eyes water. Besides the incident at the pool, our stay has been very comfortable. The restaurant next door is very good. Downtown Cranbury is a short drive from the hotel, and is a nice place to stroll around, eat, or enjoy the Village Park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MommyTravels4Fun
Long Island City, New York
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and both times were great. The hotel is very well managed and the staff always look like they enjoy what they do. Free breakfast and dinner most of my stay. The Internet service has been upgraded and even faster which allowed me to complete my presentation in a comfortable area in the lobby. The staff is the best I have seen so far in any Marriott and I do stay in several. They also have a grill for guest use which makes it very convenient if one is on vacation. I will definitely be back for a non business stay. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jada K
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My family and I just checked out of the hotel today after staying for five nights. I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the staff. From my welcome email from the manager to the wonderful man who checked us in and the breakfast woman. Everyone we came in contact with was very helpful and professional especially the front desk staff who always said hello to us everytime we passed the front. The place also looks very well kept and the rooms are spacious and clean. My housekeeper even came to know our name. The rooms have kitchens and is a GREAT PLACE for LONG TERM stay!

Room Tip: Choose the two bedrooms suite if you have a family of 4 or more to sleep comfortable!