“Excellant experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cookstown
New Bern
“Excellant experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The staff was wonderful and one desk clerk named Keera, really stood out, She was extremely helpful and caring, as well as professional. The only thing that would have been helpful, was we really needed transportation to and from Mcguire AFB, so we needed some type of a shuttle. Taxis in the area were unavailable locally, so if you called one, it cost $40. for a mile and a half ride. However, we had a wonderful stay at the Inn and resteraunts were within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob B
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your incredible review on your experience at The Quality Inn McGuire AFB! I am so glad to hear that you had a great time, and that you were treated well. At the Quality Inn McGuire AFB in Cookstown, NJ our goal is that each guest is given the greatest customer service from all of our staff, I am glad that you felt it! I will be sure to show Keera your comments, and thank and reward her for her good work.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Quality Inn McGuire AFB in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I work at a hotel so going in I was alittle leary after reading some of the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. We checked in about a half hour early with no problem. The front desk staff was very welcoming and let my two small children choose what floor they wanted our room on. While the halls and lobby were quite warm our room was very cool when we went in. Room was nice and everything was clean. The pool was great! My kids and I played in it for several hours. They had plenty of room to play in the shallow end of the pool. The other guests were very friendly. They had beach balls and they allowed my kids to play with one of them. Then we all got in on a friendly game of ball in the pool. The breakfast was amazing! So much to choose from and so fresh too! It was freezing in the cafe though. That was the only complaint my kids had was being cold while eating breakfast. The 24 hour snacks and drinks in the lobby were great also. I took advantage of the coffee machine trying the mocha and the cappuccino. Both were yummy. Overall I really can't complain about anything. We can't wait to go back again and will do so before the end of the summer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Quality Inn in Cookstown, NJ near Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst and Six Flags Great Adventure. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at the hotel, and that your family had fun at the pool! When guests are able to spend time together by the pool and enjoy each others company it makes everyone's day, and makes our jobs fun! We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed the 24/7 snacks in the lobby and breakfast. Thank you for sharing, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back again this summer!
BelAir
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is hotel is located next to a military base.... that means that many of the people staying are military and there for a class or training that requires them to get up early and study in the evenings. Careers depend on how they do in their classes. So, while families are welcomed and provided for it is important to respect the needs of others and not treat the place like spring break. So, keeping the noise to a minimum in the evenings is expected here maybe more then in a big city hotel where people are vacationing.

We visited while in the area for a lacrosse tournament and were very pleased.
STAFF- The staff was very friendly and helpful. You'll need them to find places to eat and local stores.
CONDITION- Everything was clean and in good shape. Very user friendly with 24 hour snacks in the lobby, towels by the pool, breakfast included with room and washer and dryer available.

Room Tip: If you are with a group then ask for the second floor rooms that open to the common area. those roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your time with us at The Quality Inn in Cookstown, NJ near Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. Our goal is to provide each guest with exceptional customer service, and am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay while in town for a Lacrosse tournament. We appreciate your understanding regarding the military that stays with us. We look forward to welcoming back to the hotel in the near future!
wantage
Reviewed June 24, 2013

It has almost been a year since my last stay at Quality Inn McGuire AFB. My first review was positive. However, this time, some of us booked here for our soccer tournament and we weren't thrilled. The plus side is that it is very close to the fields. Also, the girls at the front desk were nice during check-in and check-out. However, I had called earlier in the day and was told "absolutely no early check-in because they were booked the night before" so I didn't bother to show an hour early, but my friends who did go to check-in early were able to get their room. I would have liked to check in earlier. No big deal. As I said, mainly, we booked this hotel due to proximity to the fields but also for the small outdoor pool. Unfortunately, our last game got delayed and we didn't get back until 8pm. The management would not allow our girls to even take a dip in the pool. It was the day after summer solstice and the sun was still high in the sky and it was hot. It would have been nice if they could have bent the rules a bit for a bunch of soccer girls, as that was the reason for our stay! As far as the room was concerned, I paid almost $170 dollars for a mediocre, small, room. It was clean, but the walls were so thin that I could hear the man in the next room coughing as if he was in my room. We also heard his action-type movie into the wee hours of the night. The air conditioning was super noisy, too. I didn't get good sleep. My daughter slept ok.
Due to the high cost of the room and the pool experience, I think I would book the next hotel "down the line" in Bordentown next time (I had stayed there the week before). It wasn't much further, but it was nicer, newer, cleaner, and the indoor pool is open until 10pm. Also, the walls weren't so thin!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at The Quality Inn near Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. We pride ourselves on service, value and cleanliness. I am happy to hear that your service during check-in and check-out was superb. We are unable guarantee early check-ins, especially when the hotel is completely sold out. As rooms are clean and available, we are happy to check-in guests as they arrive. I apologize that we are unable to keep our pool open after 8pm. It is a rule that we need to stick to because state laws require that an outdoor pool without lights be closed by sundown. I hope that you decide to stay with us again next year, as I believe you will be thoroughly impressed with our planned internal renovations.

Travelers are raving about these Cookstown hotels

Waynesville, Missouri
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thank you again everyone at this location for making it another great stay for us! This was our second time staying with you and we were just as happy with everything as we were last summer. Our room was nice & clean when we checked in and the housekeeper who cleaned while we were there did a great job too. We loved the 24 hour complimentary mochas & snacks. The rooms are so quiet you can't even tell when the hotel is full! Thanks again for making our stay so comfortable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at The Quality Inn in Cookstown, NJ. We are so glad that you decided to stay with us again. Service is of utmost importance, and we are glad that we were able to continue to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Quality Inn near Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in Cookstown, NJ the next time that you are in the area.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

As we walked thru the hallway leading towards our room we noticed the cigarette smoke smell, it was as bad as an old smoky bar. nit good when they proudly advertise as a smoke free facility. We requested a pet friendly room therefore we expected the room to have a slight scent, but the animal urine stench was overwhelming. I have been to dog pounds, even zoo's that smell better than room 141 on this hotel. Immediately we requested a room change only to find out that it had just a little less smell than the first. We had a four night stay booked and we checked out the next day. The staff was polite but clueless on how to hadle this type of situation.
Also it is a pet friendly hotel but you are not allowed to come in with your pet thru the lobby!
It was a very disgusting experience. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your stay with us at The Quality Inn in Cookstown, NJ. We pride ourselves with exceptional service and cleanliness. The Quality Inn is not a smoke free facility, we have 6 smoking rooms, which are on the second floor above the pet rooms. We are a pet friendly hotel. The reason that we do not allow animals through the lobby is because of our guests with allergies and also because we have snacks and drinks in our lobby area. I am sorry that your expectations were not met, and because of that we were able to compensate you. I hope that the next time you are in the area, that you consider staying with us again.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had to book last minute rooms for a funeral on Memorial Day Weekend. Every hotel room within a 20 mile radius was booked by people wanting to get to the beach on the first day. I found this hotel and prayed it wasn't icky as I had to book my family and another family there. WOW! Was I surprised! Now, mind you, the hotel is older and it definitely shows some aging but the rooms were clean and quiet and the beds very comfortable. The staff was so friendly (Donna who worked the hot breakfast was SO AWESOME!) and the food was really, really good! Donna kept everything filled and ready to go all morning (both mornings we stayed). We usually stay at Hampton Inns or Embassy Suites but I'm telling you...this place was good!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this great review about The Quality Inn! We pride ourselves on the service that we are able to provide to our guests like you. We are happy to hear that your expectations were exceeded, and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. There are updates and renovations in the works, and hope to welcome you back to The Quality Inn, however next time for happier circumstances.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Days Inn Wrightstown
#4 of 11 in Bordentown
Best Western Bordentown Inn
Best Western Bordentown Inn
#2 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Quality Inn McGuire AFB? Share your experiences!