“My visit almost a year later, not that good.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn McGuire AFB

Quality Inn McGuire AFB
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cookstown
wantage
“My visit almost a year later, not that good.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

It has almost been a year since my last stay at Quality Inn McGuire AFB. My first review was positive. However, this time, some of us booked here for our soccer tournament and we weren't thrilled. The plus side is that it is very close to the fields. Also, the girls at the front desk were nice during check-in and check-out. However, I had called earlier in the day and was told "absolutely no early check-in because they were booked the night before" so I didn't bother to show an hour early, but my friends who did go to check-in early were able to get their room. I would have liked to check in earlier. No big deal. As I said, mainly, we booked this hotel due to proximity to the fields but also for the small outdoor pool. Unfortunately, our last game got delayed and we didn't get back until 8pm. The management would not allow our girls to even take a dip in the pool. It was the day after summer solstice and the sun was still high in the sky and it was hot. It would have been nice if they could have bent the rules a bit for a bunch of soccer girls, as that was the reason for our stay! As far as the room was concerned, I paid almost $170 dollars for a mediocre, small, room. It was clean, but the walls were so thin that I could hear the man in the next room coughing as if he was in my room. We also heard his action-type movie into the wee hours of the night. The air conditioning was super noisy, too. I didn't get good sleep. My daughter slept ok.
Due to the high cost of the room and the pool experience, I think I would book the next hotel "down the line" in Bordentown next time (I had stayed there the week before). It wasn't much further, but it was nicer, newer, cleaner, and the indoor pool is open until 10pm. Also, the walls weren't so thin!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at The Quality Inn near Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst. We pride ourselves on service, value and cleanliness. I am happy to hear that your service during check-in and check-out was superb. We are unable guarantee early check-ins, especially when the hotel is completely sold out. As rooms are clean and available, we are happy to check-in guests as they arrive. I apologize that we are unable to keep our pool open after 8pm. It is a rule that we need to stick to because state laws require that an outdoor pool without lights be closed by sundown. I hope that you decide to stay with us again next year, as I believe you will be thoroughly impressed with our planned internal renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Waynesville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Thank you again everyone at this location for making it another great stay for us! This was our second time staying with you and we were just as happy with everything as we were last summer. Our room was nice & clean when we checked in and the housekeeper who cleaned while we were there did a great job too. We loved the 24 hour complimentary mochas & snacks. The rooms are so quiet you can't even tell when the hotel is full! Thanks again for making our stay so comfortable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at The Quality Inn in Cookstown, NJ. We are so glad that you decided to stay with us again. Service is of utmost importance, and we are glad that we were able to continue to meet and exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Quality Inn near Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst in Cookstown, NJ the next time that you are in the area.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

As we walked thru the hallway leading towards our room we noticed the cigarette smoke smell, it was as bad as an old smoky bar. nit good when they proudly advertise as a smoke free facility. We requested a pet friendly room therefore we expected the room to have a slight scent, but the animal urine stench was overwhelming. I have been to dog pounds, even zoo's that smell better than room 141 on this hotel. Immediately we requested a room change only to find out that it had just a little less smell than the first. We had a four night stay booked and we checked out the next day. The staff was polite but clueless on how to hadle this type of situation.
Also it is a pet friendly hotel but you are not allowed to come in with your pet thru the lobby!
It was a very disgusting experience. I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your stay with us at The Quality Inn in Cookstown, NJ. We pride ourselves with exceptional service and cleanliness. The Quality Inn is not a smoke free facility, we have 6 smoking rooms, which are on the second floor above the pet rooms. We are a pet friendly hotel. The reason that we do not allow animals through the lobby is because of our guests with allergies and also because we have snacks and drinks in our lobby area. I am sorry that your expectations were not met, and because of that we were able to compensate you. I hope that the next time you are in the area, that you consider staying with us again.

Travelers are raving about these Cookstown hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had to book last minute rooms for a funeral on Memorial Day Weekend. Every hotel room within a 20 mile radius was booked by people wanting to get to the beach on the first day. I found this hotel and prayed it wasn't icky as I had to book my family and another family there. WOW! Was I surprised! Now, mind you, the hotel is older and it definitely shows some aging but the rooms were clean and quiet and the beds very comfortable. The staff was so friendly (Donna who worked the hot breakfast was SO AWESOME!) and the food was really, really good! Donna kept everything filled and ready to go all morning (both mornings we stayed). We usually stay at Hampton Inns or Embassy Suites but I'm telling you...this place was good!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this great review about The Quality Inn! We pride ourselves on the service that we are able to provide to our guests like you. We are happy to hear that your expectations were exceeded, and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. There are updates and renovations in the works, and hope to welcome you back to The Quality Inn, however next time for happier circumstances.
Flat Rock, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am usually open minded when it comes to hotels. However, this was horrible! Needed a pet friendly hotel. Only had 6 rooms available which was ridiculous as the whole hotel was almost empty. First room was noisy and smelled smoky and musty horrible. They switched our room and it was not any better. Had our own air freshener from Yankee Candle and it still couldn't get the bad odor and smell out of the room. Was suppose to be a non-smoking room but had a very strong smell of smoke. Was able to open window, however it was old and rickety and held closed with a stick. Bed was comfortable. Décor was lacking. Breakfast was good and staff was very friendly. Donna and our cleaning lady were wonderful and very nice! However, would not stay there again

Room Tip: If your desperate....
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Scott S, Manager at Quality Inn McGuire AFB, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for your honest review of The Quality Inn McGuire AFB. We are happy to hear about Donna, the cleaning staff and the breakfast being great! I am sorry for what you endured as far as smell and noise. This is something under consideration and will be taken care in the near future with a renovation of the property. There are only a certain number of pet rooms in the property because of the cleaning that needs to go into each one. I hope that after the renovation is complete you will join us again!
Watertown, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an older hotel, but it is well maintained, with updated bathrooms, and it is very clean. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked, and all the staff I met were very friendly and helpful. Walls are a little thin, and heating units are older and a little noisy, but it is just a few minutes off the base, and I will definitely stay here when I have to come back to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Spring
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel has 24 hours snacks, fruits, and drinks. The fitness center is much better than most motels. The complimentary continental breakfast has lengthy hours to satisfy those must start the day early as well as those who get to sleep in.

Rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, and wireless service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Days Inn Wrightstown
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 11 in Bordentown
Candlewood Suites Bordentown/Trenton

Been to Quality Inn McGuire AFB? Share your experiences!