“nice play to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Cookstown
Las Vegas, Nevada
“nice play to stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here for 2 days with my five year old daughter after Hurrican Sandy, due to my home not having power and it being freezing in my home and I was happy with the accomodations. The staff was extremely friendly. The complimentary breakfast was better than I expected. The rooms were not that bad. They served its purpose. It was nice and toasty warm there. The gym was small but sufficient. The lobby was very nice. They had coffee and cookies and juice to drink all day there. The laundry room was also nice and clean. Although i thought it was a bit expensive for a load of laundry, $2.00 for the washer only and $1.50 for the dryer. I can say that the staff was excellent!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very close location to Fort Dix with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. The hotel was very clean with friendly staff and best of all, pet friendly. The free morning breakfast buffett was great with plenty of variety and all you could eat! The room was very clean and well appointed with a mircowave, fridge, great coffee maker with all the coffee you wanted. In the lobby were a variety of fresh juices, pastry, cookies snacks and a really, really good cappacino machine. Everything was free and available 24 hours. This was by far one of the best hotels we ever stayed in and with experience due to vast travel we would highly recommend this hotel. The value was extremely good.

Room Tip: The pet friendly rooms at the back of the hotel were nicely located so you could take your pet out t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harry B
West Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at Quality Inn, which was a little tricky to get to at night...when we arrived, the hotel was very clean and the staff was great. The hotel was decently priced, very quiet and the convenience was even better. It was about 15 minutes to/from Six Flags Great Adventure. The rooms were spacious, they had a nice daily breakfast and there are a variety of restaurants nearby. We tried the Smokehouse, right next door to the property...it was GREAT. The hotel serves coffee and juice along with light snacks all night long, which was nice. My kids enjoyed the pool, it was nice and clean. This worked out great for us, we wanted to do a long weekend get-a-way that wasn't too ridiculous....it worked out well. I mean the hotel was very clean...it does need some renovations, but as long as it served its purpose and was clean, I am okay with that!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and the lobby looked clean and spacious. It was at a great location for me because I was there for business ar McGuire AFB. The room was also clean and much bigger than I expected. Had I been there more than one night I would have greatly appreciated having a fridge and microwave as well as the extra counter space, and desk area. My only compliant is my television cable would not work. I was only able to get one channel, all the other channels said weak signal. I did not called to have this fixed because it was already late when I arrived.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank DialK
Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was very disappointed with my recent one night stay at the Quality Inn. My daughter had a soccer tournament at Fort Dix with a Sunday game at 8:00am. Not wanting to drive 2 hours for fear of being late, I decided to book a room at the Quality Inn McGuire AFB, 8 miles from the soccer site. Unfortunately, despite spending money to stay at the nearby hotel, we were late to the soccer game. When checking in, I asked for a 6am wake up call. Well, that didn't happen. Never in all my years, have I not received a wake up call when requested. I luckily woke up on my own and took a quick shower. When I went to use the hair dryer, it was broken! Now I was already late and therefore, unable to call about the broken hairdryer. I was so angry that I quickly packed up my things and went to check out! I told the receptionist what had happened and gave her a list of other items that were also not working the room (the light next to the bed and the heat lamp/fan in the bathroom). All I got in response was "well, sorry." I was surprised by the apparent lack of indifference. Never again will I stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Cookstown hotels

Vashon, Washington
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We checked into an Executive King room on June 24, 2012 and stayed for 7 nights, expecting that the extra cost room would have nicer furnishings. Immediately we noticed the sheer curtain hems were ripped out and drooping below the drapes (missing hooks and gapping on the right side) allowing light into the bed area. The bar sink was quite rusty. This room #249 also had a "view" of a block wall nearby which limited the view or fresh air flow. Even worse was the lack of response from the front desk or a manager on duty. It took days to resolve the curtain problems, and the housekeeper was either unaware or uncaring of the various shortcomings to not repair, report or replace them. The elevator was out of service for 2 days and the toilet backed up twice.The bright spot was the excellent hot breakfast and proximity to family living on JBMDL. No adjustment in price for this room because of the problems. We probably would not return because of their indifferent attitude. It seemed to be family owned and employees were apparently not held to very strict performance standards.

Room Tip: Avoid # 249 if you don't want to look only at a block wall.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VIslander1983
wantage
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We booked this hotel due to its proximity to Fort Dix. We had a soccer tournament there and wanted to be able to take a dip in the pool between games. When we arrived at 2:45, I was a little worried, because there was what seemed to be a "line" for check-in. I was told that I would have to come back at 3pm to check-in. I thought that was weird, since 3pm was only 15 minutes away! We were not able to check-in until 3:15pm. Friends of ours could not check in until 3:30pm. However, when we finally got to our room, it was nice and cool and very clean. The air conditioner was a littel loud, though. This is not a luxury hotel, folks, but it is a very good value. We especially enjoyed the free coffee, tea, lemonade, juices, pastries and cookies that were available in the lobby at all times. The pool was also nice. We ordered BBQ take-out from the restaurant next door and ate it poolside. The waffle machine was broken for breakfast, though! The laundry machines were convenient. Angela at the front desk was very helpful. If we were not able to check-in in a timely manner, my review would have been different. Would I stay again? Yes.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cookstown
Days Inn Wrightstown
#1 of 6 in Wrightstown
Days Inn Bordentown
Days Inn Bordentown
#4 of 11 in Bordentown

Been to Quality Inn McGuire AFB? Share your experiences!