“Excellent service and unforgettable food”
Review of Ellias

Ellias
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Blairstown, New Jersey
“Excellent service and unforgettable food”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Excellent service and unforgettable food. I am a frequent patron of Ellias, and I am continually impressed with the consistency; every meal is fantastic every time. I've had almost everything on the menu--although the menu is evolving and changing with the seasons--and it's ALL great. The ingredients are of the finest quality and the food is artfully prepared. The passion for excellence among the entire staff is evident in every aspect of the restaurant. I'm having trouble verbalizing the exact feeling, but they make me feel like they're happy to see me back. Even before I became a 'regular,' I felt like one.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Megan B

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
“Upscale cuisine in remote New Jersey”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

First time eating at Ellias and was pleasantly surprised! Located off 94 North it is easy off Rt. 80 exit 4 abc. We were camping nearby and wanted something more upscale and weren't disappointed. Restaurant has a fireplace, cozy bar area, and attentive servers. Some memorable items to order-calamari was sweet and not overdone, the mushroom pear soup was unusual but so good. Finally, the cocktails were well done and poured generously.

• Visited June 2013
Glen Head, New York
“Excellent food, spotty service.”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had a really good meal there, but we couldn't understand that in spite of many waitstaff, they couldn't seem to get their act together.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Joyce C
Oceanside, New York
“Delicious food in a Quaint location”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We visited the Delaware water Gap region in May. We arrived at the restaurant approximately 8:45pm on a Saturday night. The restaurant was fairly empty except for a few other occupied tables; my husband and I were not surprised by this, rather we were impressed that a restaurant in a country region served late dinners! We had been referred to the restaurant from the Inn we were staying in, and it did not disappoint! We live right outside of NYC, and frequent restaurants at least 2-3 times a week. This restaurant is equivalent to it's Manhattan counterparts in both its quality, and service. The cost is also equivalent to fine dining in the city, but here you are certainly getting what you are paying for.

The appetizer my husband and I shared was innovative and delicious. The steak was juicy, and so tender, the knife slipped through it effortlessly, and the piece practically melted on the tongue. The dessert, though tasty,most likely was not custom baked; but enjoyable none the less. And the service was impeccable. I highly recommend this restaurant to someone looking to have a fantastic meal where you would not expect to find one!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MarthaRose2g
Hope, NJ
“After 50+ visits, never a disappointment”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Since I last wrote an update on Ellias, I've probably visited 20 times. The reason I keep going more and more and more is simple: it's because other restaurants have become a waste of my time. At this point, when I do venture forth and sample the surrounding cuisine, I typically come away bitterly disappointed. Occasionally, I'm somewhat satisfied. Either way, Ellias always, without fail, would've been a better choice.

Elias Lahoud, the chef/owner, is an artful master of his craft. His ability to create flavor combinations that you probably never dreamed of - and won't soon forget - is virtually limitless. I will try food here that I normally avoid, and every time, I'm blown away. I wake up the next morning thinking about it. The amount of care and thoughtfulness put into the food is truly astounding. Elias wife Rola, who runs the front (and is equally charming), ensures that the service (dedicated, passionate wait staff) and decor match what's coming out of the kitchen. Their concern for their customer's enjoyment, and ability to anticipate what you want or need before you do is truly an exceptional ability - and unmatched at any restaurant in the area.

If you live in any of the adjacent counties, and want to experience the best, this is the only place that can deliver in every facet of the dining experience. Trust me, I've tried everything else multiple times. Maybe there's something comparable within over 40-50 miles. That's a big maybe, and personally, I wouldn't bet on it.

• Visited April 2013