“Fvaorite restaurant, it's as simple as that”
Review of Ellias

Ellias
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Fvaorite restaurant, it's as simple as that”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

We eat out 5 nights a week and ellias is our favorite... The menu is limited but superb,,, went to Le Cirque , the next night to Ellias and it equaled our prior nights' meal;.. The staff particularly Dennis ( Wait Captain) is great.. Ellias is extroardinary and he is a wine expert like none other...Soups are out of sight, try the Pork Loin , to die for....Go there now.. Only weakness might be dessert, but who needs it after that fantatsic meal

• Visited November 2011

Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Elegantly prepared, delicious meal...”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We were in the area for a show at the Historic Blairstown Theatre and spent the night at the lovely RoseMary Inn. The inn's owners recommended we have dinner at Ellias. We were very glad we did. We were pleasantly surprised to find such an elegantly prepared meal in such a quaint town. A warm, toasty bread was served just prior to our shared appetizer of grilled vegetable ravioli served with a creamy cognac and trumpet mushroom sauce. A light salad of baby greens was nicely presented dressed in a tangy dijon vinaigrette. I had NY strip steak and roasted potatoes and my husband enjoyed the local duck entree with pearl couscous. We asked if we could have a "side" of the cognac mushroom sauce to accompany my steak. The chef freshly prepared an individual serving. That was truly one of the best sauces I've had anywhere! I can't comment on dessert as we were just too full to sample any. Highly recommend trying this unique place!

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank CEC1024
USA, NJ
“Excellent food, service and quality”
Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were there just before Christmas in 2009. As always, interesting starters and entrees, very tasty and just the right size (i.e. not all you can eat). Excellent service, very friendly staff, attentive without rushing you. Good wine list too. I've been there a couple of times and it was always excellent. Nice, quiet atmosphere, with that little bit of extra privacy you miss in most other restaurants. Not the cheapest, but in my opinon a good price / quality ratio. Highly recommended. Certainly going there again.

2 Thank ExtraDarkRoast
Durham, North Carolina
“Outstanding dinner and service”
Reviewed December 27, 2008

We had dinner here this holiday season as a party of six. There is much more to the menu than what you see online. Lots of interesting items, I had Grilled Quail as an appetizer, and venison loin as the main course (special). Both were fantastic, and complimented by creative and equally tasty sides. I also sampled most of the dishes which the rest of the party had, and enjoyed them all.

The wait staff was attentive and courteous, and the food came out in a very reasonable amount of time. The prices were on par with other restaurants of this quality. We had high hopes for this restaurant based on reviews from friends, and we were not disappointed at all. Very impressed, and would go back again anytime.

3 Thank Diamond_D
NJ
“But I don't even like fish!”
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I have been meaning to go here for awhile but you know how it is, it's there, I have heard it's fabulous, but other less meaningful meals just got in the way.

I'll spare you my "born again taste buds homily " and get right to it - it's fabulous food served by people who convince you that they really care about your comfort, your wants, your pleasure.

I don't eat fish. Don't like it, don't like to be at a table where someone else is eating it. 23 years ago I had it written into my pre-nup that my husband would not eat fish in my presence or attempt to kiss me within 36 hours of consuming fish. I ordered the salmon appetizer. I don't know what came over me -- the server said something about "...salmon pastrami style... " and I heard myself saying "that sounds good, I'll have that".

I didn't realize what I had done until the server had left the table when my husband said "you do know that salmon is fish". Of course I do but I just got swept up by the description of it. It came, I ate it, it was fantastic! For my entre I had the seared scallops with brie stuffed pastry and creme brulee for desert. My husband had the lobster bisque and veal Osso Bucco. All fantastic.

I know I haven't written anything about the atmosphere (comfortable, relaxing) or prices (great considering the quality), but I'm still so high from the food I have to go and lay down, besides, those things are so trivial when it comes to really fine dining.

1 Thank ReallyDolly