“Interesting collection of wines” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brook hollow winery
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Columbia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Interesting collection of wines”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped into try their wines. I was not a fan of the white wines. Too grassy for my taste. I did enjoy the red wines. We ended up with a case.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Zigmonster

Franklinville, New Jersey, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“poor quality”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We are sweet wine lovers. The only sweet wines available were cranberry. After tasting then we found them on the dry side, but with a robust cranberry flavor. We bought a couple bottles to take with us. The alcohol content was advertised to be 13%+, after opening the first bottle we found the wine to be watery and weak, way less than 6%.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank James N
paul r, Owner at Brook hollow winery, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I apologize for your recent wine purchase you were not happy with. There are two points I would like to address in your review and they are that you stated that you tasted the wine and enjoyed its robust flavor in the winery but when you got home and opened it it tasted watery. I am not sure how this could happen as we pull all of our wine used for tasting in the winery from our retail shelf so you are tasting the exact wine you purchase. My only thought here is that you may have placed ice in it at home to chill it resulting in a thinner taste to the wine. Second point is that you suggest that the alcohol content is not what is stated on the bottle. We are federally regulated and send all of our wines out to a lab to be tested for alcohol content. The results of these tests are then reported to the federal government upon label approval and are only printed on the label after their approval. I am not sure where you got the 6% content you stated the wine was. Again we strive to please all of our customers and make a good product, my apologies for your disappointment .
Highlands, New Jersey
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Drink wine and support wolves!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I went to the Brook Hollow Winery this weekend. They have a brand new tasting room with acoustic music, $5 wine tastings, and food. They give you the wine glass and you can go back for free wine tastings for an unlimited amount of times. I purchased a bottle of charity wine were some of the money goes to the Wolf foundation.

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Perfect Weekend Activity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went to the Brook Hollow Winery this weekend and it was so much fun! They have acoustic music, $5 wine tastings, and great wine. They give you the wine glass and you can go back for free wine tastings for an unlimited amount of times! Such a relaxing way to end my weekend yesterday. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Go and take in the atmosphere!!

Visited July 2013