“Great preserve and informative talks”

Lakota Wolf Preserve
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Columbia
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The wolves are beautiful and it is quite an experience to hear them howl, also the bobcat and fox talks were very good

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We were part of a large group that recently visited the Lakota Wolf Preserve, and I think that it is fair to say that every last person highly enjoyed the experience. The Lakota Wolf Preserve presents visitors with a unique opportunity to view wolves, at a fairly short distance and in a very natural and humane setting. Not to be confused with a zoo, this facility is operated in an environmentally respectful manner by owners who are totally committed to the health and well-being of these amazing animals. In addition to Tundra, Timber and Arctic wolves, the facility is also home to smaller populations of foxes and bobcats. The guided tours are highly informative and present an excellent learning experience for all ages.

If you are a guest at the adjoining Camp Taylor Campground (which is also operated in an environmentally respectful manner by owners who care and are committed to serving their guests), you will enjoy free access to the Lakota Wolf Preserve during hours outside of the two daily guided tour sessions. In fact, that would create a perfect combination experience, camping on a spacious wooded campsite in the wilds of Northwest New Jersey, while listening to the occasional howl of the nearby wolves.

Whatever season or time of year, a visit to the Lakota Wolf Preserve is sure to please.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff are wonderful and friendly. And just seeing up close these wonderful animals is just an amazing experience. Something everyone should experience at least once in their life.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Our visit to the Latoka Wolf Preserve was very surprising. We had read a few reviews and expected it to be great, but it was really, really great. About 45 minutes from Morristown, we went to the 1030am wolf watch. After paying and putting a ticket on our car (cash or check only) we boarded a small bus to the wolf preserve area (you can walk .6 mi if you want). The tour lasted about 90 minutes and was chock full of information about the wolves, then the bobcats and foxes. Most awesome was when they got all the wolves to howl and most interesting was the information about how the foxes can predict the winter and how cold and snowy it may get. It is well worth the drive and the staff and volunteers were super. Ages of 10-44 enjoyed this visit.

1  Thank Peppah5803
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at Camp Taylor CAmpground this weekend. On the same property is housed LAKOTA WOLF PRESERVE. My husband has always loved Wolves - so when I booked at CAmp TAylor I was excited to hear about it -- however, I went with low expectations -- thinking it may be cheesy or the animals would be unkept......................HOWEVER, was I wrong.............from the minute I walked into the Preserve (which we did the night we arrived)............it was a beautiful site to see. The animals have so much land to roam on and they are so obviously happy...........well taken care of -- and just a vision.

Saturday morning we did the tour - worth every single cent and then some............the owners, Jim and Becky who run it -- were not -- in my opinion -- showing us -- just animals -- but they were welcoming us to meet their family. The bond between the animals and their owners was so evident from the minute you see them interact.

I would not only recommend this to anyone as a must see but I also recommend you sponsor and assist these amazing people as the costs to take care of these animals such as they do must be astronomical..........

Thank you Jim and Becky for all you do for those beautiful animals - I look forward to coming again and again............