“Great place for all ages!”

Lakota Wolf Preserve
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Columbia
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I love wolves, and absolutely love this facility. Staff extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Great close up experience with wolves.
Great learning experience.

1  Thank aks0813

Reviewed June 7, 2013

You have to come here to visit, if you love animals and want to support one of the most amazing wolf perserves, this is a must visit, add this to your bucket list. Jim and Becky are two of the most exceptional people on the planet!

1  Thank Janine D
Reviewed June 5, 2013

These animals are beautiful to watch, and our "guide" was informative. Was a great visit for me and my husband, would like to bring my daughters sometime.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am not sure exactly when we were there.. My son had a camp site not too far away and he, my grand-daughter and I went to Lakota.. I enjoyed it very much. Walking up the hills were a little taxing but worth it not only for the wolves but all the other animals. I learned so much . This is a great place to bring groups of children. They would learn so much about the wolves, fox and all the other animals in the preserve..

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The owners insist you must arrive by 10 am. I took this to mean that if you were even a minute late, you would not be allowed on the tour. This is not the case. If you are late, you will miss the beginning and obviously you will miss out on hearing the entire talk given by the owner.

Apparently, another patron felt the same way as she asked if it would be okay to take her son to the restroom as the tour was about to begin. If the owner had understood her question, he would have told her that she and her son could catch up with the rest of the group. After not answering her question (I think she repeated herself twice), he chose to ignore her and continued speaking to the rest of the group. I thought his behavior was rude.

The talk was informative/educational. But I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. It was a nice place to visit if you have never been there. But I wouldn't go out of my way to visit, again.

2  Thank SpeedyGK