“Just Okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The owners insist you must arrive by 10 am. I took this to mean that if you were even a minute late, you would not be allowed on the tour. This is not the case. If you are late, you will miss the beginning and obviously you will miss out on hearing the entire talk given by the owner.

Apparently, another patron felt the same way as she asked if it would be okay to take her son to the restroom as the tour was about to begin. If the owner had understood her question, he would have told her that she and her son could catch up with the rest of the group. After not answering her question (I think she repeated herself twice), he chose to ignore her and continued speaking to the rest of the group. I thought his behavior was rude.

The talk was informative/educational. But I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. It was a nice place to visit if you have never been there. But I wouldn't go out of my way to visit, again.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank SpeedyGK

Parsippany, New Jersey
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Really interesting and cool for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was really cool and was very interactive. They let us try to make the wolfs howl by howling to them and they also feed the animals while they were showing them to us. The people were very factual. They let us ask questions and treated us to funny stories and personal experiences at the wolf preserve. Then animals were so cute and were really well behaved. You are aloud to take pictures of the animals too. It was worth much more than I paid. The kids enjoyed it and surprisingly the enjoyed it, even if it had some learning involved. The next day at the campsite, we could hear the wolves howling. It was very cool and I hope I can visit it again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank luvlily2000
West Lawn, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the time and money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This was an awesome day trip... I wasn't sure what to expect but it blew me away! The owners were incredibly knowledgable about the animals that they care for and their love for them was easily seen. Definitely suggest only taking older children because the animals get spooked with noise and small children could ruin the tour for the other guests!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 27NicoleF
Lake Hopatcong, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Second trip was even better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

It was about 7 years ago that I was there last. Unique Photo than sponsored a photo trip to Lakota. This was a great experience. The tour started with a seminar on photographing wolves and then about two hours taking photos. It was great being with others photos, talking about experiences. The preserve is great at keeping the wolves within photo distance. ANd the knowledge they give on the wolves, bobcats and fox are also great.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank gvsnj
Nesconset, New York
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“a wonderful preserve!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

This preserve is so wonderfully done. They make you understand the life and ways of the wolves. You can go online before your visit and adopt a wolf and then visit that wolf when you arrive

Visited August 2012