“The nicest folks..”

Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Columbia
New York City, New York
“The nicest folks..”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stopped by Dalton's for a nibble before a hike. The restaurant wasn't open yet, but we were greeted in such a warm and friendly way that we were willing to go for a walk and come back later. I asked if we could leave our car in the restaurant lot while we passed the time and it was no problem (now this may not seem like a big deal to some, but for a girl from New York City, this kind of friendly accommodation for patrons is a real treat)! When we got back to the restaurant, we had fried pickles, mozzarella sticks and mussels marinara.. and, of course, beer. Everything was delicious, especially those fried pickles. Service was perfect from start to finish. It was wonderful to be reminded that going out for a bite can be relaxed and enjoyable, with good food and nice folks.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Diana M

Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Much better then last time”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is an update to the last review I gave. The quality of the food has improved since our last visit. I'm not 100% sure but it appears that they might have had a change of owners, we didn't recognize any of the staff this last time.There are a few things that they can improve on like offering warm dinner rolls or bread and maybe fresh ground pepper for your salad. The pasta they served was way over cooked to the point of being mushy. Aside from that we have seen a major improvement since our last visit.

• Visited October 2013
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“What went wrong”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were regular patrons at Daltons, eating there weekly. The food was always good, great service. The last time we were there my wife got food poisoning from bad chicken, it looked bad and tasted worse. My steak was borderline too. It seemed like overnight they lost it. My wife and I dine out two to three times a week so as long as the food and service are good we tend to become regulars. In all fairness to Daltons, our last visit was a year or so ago, I should give them another try.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank JohnRG
Riverdale, New Jersey
“Great Local Inn”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This place is a wonderful local establishment that has plenty of hometown charm. Nice folks, live music, good food, ice cold beverages, great staff and overall a great atmosphere. Wish I lived closer, I would definitely frequent Dalton's more often.

• Visited August 2013
Oceanside, New York
“Serving up comfort”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Friday night in May. The restaurant was recommended to us by the Inn we were staying at, as having great burgers. After a tough few months, and a long day caught in traffic, this restaurant was a welcome relief, and a great start to our vacation. Casual atmosphere with good pub food, large juicy burgers, and fantastic, friendly service! We were made to feel like one of the neighbors, not a tourist/stranger! The owner and wait staff's hospitality made us feel like we were at a family dinner, only with much better service! If your looking for comfort in both your food and dining experience, this is the place to stop in for a bite.

• Visited May 2013