Camp Taylor
$99
Hotels.com
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
$72
$50
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
$139
$99
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$61
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$90
$80
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$76
$114
Travelocity
Econo Lodge(Stroudsburg)
$64
EconoLodge
All reviewslakota wolf preservecamping experiencemini golffire pittent sitesthe delaware water gapshort hikewolves howlingquiet hourscamp groundnature loverspaddle boatsnice weekendget away from it allhook upsrustic cabinappalachian trail
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 24, 2010

we wanted to visit Lakota wolf preserve and this campground seemed like a great place to do so from. In my many years of camping, I have never had such a bad experience with a campground as with this one.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank campinglover10
CampTaylor, Owner at Camp Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2011

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us, but since you give not specific reason, I am unable to address or correct any problems you may have had.

Reviewed August 10, 2009

We have been camping a few years and this was the WORST campsite ever!! There are only dirty port-a-potties located randomly with no toilet paper. The place to take a shower had only 2 stalls for the women (one was broken) and there were 7 people in line in front of me and my two daughters! I luckily wandered around and found a random shower... which cost 30 cents for 5 minutes! It already cost us $89 to stay there for two nights (you also had to buy their firewood and they tacked on all sorts of random fees)... the least they could do was provide a shower! The fire pits do not have grills, but of course they sell them in their "camp store"- another $13 they got out of us! As for their "strict" rules for quiet hours... that is a joke. We unfortunately had 5 guys who were in a site near us who started drinking at 3pm. By 9pm, you can imagine the cursing, yelling, fighting, and crude jokes that were going on. I was praying and waiting for someone, anyone, who worked there to stop these guys- when we went to bed at 11:00pm, they were still carrying on. (Not that I wanted them kicked out because they were sooooo drunk that I would not want them on the road!) I was so happy to get out of there and get home- don't waste your time or money on this dump.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
6  Thank njshorelover2
CampTaylor, Owner at Camp Taylor, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

We at Camp Taylor are sorry that your experience was not what you expected. We try very hard to ensure our guests enjoy their stay with us. We do have port-a-johns and pit toilets on the perimeter of the campground and try hard to keep them clean at all times. In addition, there are also 3 flush toilets and two urinals in the men’s room, 5 flush toilets in the ladies restroom, one additional flush toilet with 3 showers located in the men’s shower room , as well as the ladies shower room, and a flush toilet and shower in the handicap/family bath, as well as one unisex shower. Our apologies if one of the shower stalls in the ladies room was temporarily out of order when you were here. Because our soil is mostly clay and rock, our showers are coin operated to help conserve water. An idea we got from a trip to the Grand Canyon in 1979 when we paid 50 cents for a 5 minute shower. More and more public shower housed are adopting the coin operation as a method for water conservation. All but one of our showers mentioned above costs 30 cents, (an old meter which we plan to replace) the rest are a quarter. If you had come to the office to tell us you did not have the money for a shower, we would have gladly given you a quarter. Campers are permitted to pick up natural downfalls at no charge on our property for firewood or we sell it by the bundle. The ban on bringing in firewood is told to everyone while making reservations as well as on the website. We, along with most responsible campgrounds do not allow any wood to be transported to the camp because of the various parasitic infestations which have been linked to the transport of wood from one area to another. We take our stewardship of the land very seriously, and comply with guidelines and mandates issued by both the state and federal government. I’m sorry, we do not provide grills, but there is a less expensive alternative in our store at a $7.99 cost, or campers are welcome to bring their own. The only other fee the campground charges is $2.25 for boat rental, or $1.50 for mini golf . We strictly enforce our quiet hours, however, the camp is on 150 acres and it’s possible a site will become noisy after hours and not be heard from the managers residence. We encourage campers to report that behavior by calling the office even if it is in the middle of the night and when notified, the situation is handled immediately. If the offenders are intoxicated, we have them safely removed by the police. Again, we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us and hope this experience does not discourage you from camping in the future.

Reviewed August 9, 2009

I was a complete novice but loved almost every minute of it. We arrived on Thursday and departed on today Sunday. Things you should know . she were assisgned RV 1 and it pretty much came eqiupped with everything. Not knowing this we pretty brought our own supplies but it was good to known that if we forgot something we could use the ones at the RV. You will need charcol and lighter fluid for the grill. The camp store does not sell fluid. They do sell the bundle of wood for the pit fire at $4.50. The pit fire is actually great for cooking. The way the campsites, cabins and RV are set up no one bothers you and vice a versa. Loved the fact that the only people I had to deal with was my family. The hiking was really great as well. Really minor and I do mean minor items of irritatiion. The bed was old so it was had to get comfortable. I am spanish and sadly enough I am used to this but I picked on some settle racism. Why I went to the camp store and the girl behind the counter actually pretended to fix something in every spot that I was looking. I finished my purchase because and did not let it ruin my day because honestly do not know if she did that to everyone or if it was just the spanish girl. Either way thats her ignorance.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank janet67
Reviewed July 27, 2009

Camp Taylor is a really nice, secluded campground, with plently of space between sites to give you and your pals or loved one privacy. I could see how party people might not find this the perfect spot, although a group of guys were drinking and listening to loud music near us and no one complained (including us). I think I saw the owner scolding a couple for rubbing some bark off a tree but that was the biggest drama. There is access to an intense and totally worthwhile hike up to a breathtaking lookout point at the Delaware Water Gap. That alone was worth the trip. The swimming pond is mainly for kids but it's nice to cool off there after a hike. We regrettably skipped the wolf tour but would go back for another trip!"

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank LoFloNY
Reviewed May 24, 2009

My family and I have been coming here for over 20 years. This is one of the best campgrounds I have ever visited. The staff and owners, Jean and Clayton, are very friendly and helpful. The sites are clean, spacious and secluded. Everything is well maintained and the bathrooms and showers are spotless. This is a very nature-oriented campground so if you are looking for one of those amusement-park type campgrounds, this isn’t for you. They have many hiking trails and are close to the Delaware Water Gap. There are many different attractions in the area, which the staff will guide you to, and they have a different activity almost every weekend right at the campground, which you can see right on their website. The Lakota Wolf Preserve is also located on the premises and it is truly an awesome experience to see these wolves up close, learn about them on the tour and hear them howling at night. I would recommend this family-oriented campground to anyone who wants to get back to nature and relax. But please, if you are rowdy, dirty and not into nature-stay away and don’t ruin my experience! I will definitely be returning for many years to come.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family