“Relaxing weekend retreat”
Review of The RoseMary Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Columbia
The RoseMary Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Columbia B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you are looking for a spot for a weekend retreat, you will not be disappointed by the RoseMary Inn. My husband and I stayed in the Beach room which was very comfortable, with many romantic touches. The Inn is immaculate. My husband was so impressed with my selection and I found out about this place right here at tripadvisor. The hosts, Theo and Elaine were friendly and helpful with information regarding places to dine and visit. The breakfasts were delicious and healthy, just like home cooking. The property is inviting and relaxing. This area is densely wooded with many streams and is just very scenic and pretty. I found the Delaware Water Gap area to be a wonderful recreational place of many campgrounds, perfect for kayaking, canoeing and hiking. Check out the Deer Head Inn close by at the Delaware Water Gap on a weekend night, if you like jazz.

Room Tip: The Beach room overlooks the pond, and it's quiet.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was mine and my boyfriends first time at a B&B and it was such a great experience that we're looking forward to our next stay here. Elaine and Theo are such lovely people and made us feel at home. The breakfast was AMAZING and I'm still talking about it to my friends. I picked this place based on all the customer reviews and it was no lie! We loved how there are so many activities in the area. We kayaked on the Delaware River, my first time, and plan on doing other activities whenever we stay. The room was very clean and I loved that it had "REAL" toilet paper! If you want to get away for a few days, this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: No matter which room you choose, you will be satisfied!
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rosemary inn for a weekend getaway in May. We chose the Rosemary inn for its close proximity to the Delaware water gap and all the hiking trails and water activities available in that region. It did not disappoint! The grounds Of The Rosemary inn are beautifully serene. Upon entering them, I immediately felt myself relax even after the aggravation of sitting in over three and a half hours of traffic leaving the city. The Inn is decorated elegantly; the warm tones calming and welcoming. Upon entering we were greeted by Theo who gave us a quick run through of the house, recommended places for grabbing dinner, and showed us to our room.

We stayed in the Beech room, pleasantly decorated and IMMACULATELY CLEAN! That judgement of cleanliness is coming from someone who is obsessive about cleanliness, and is a germ phobe whose dearest friend is a bottle of bleach!! This is one of the rare times I did not feel the need to wipe down a bathroom, and is the only time I've used a tub outside of my own home!

The restaurant Theo referred us to for our casual dining experience hit the spot. the burgers were large and scrumptious, and the staff was so warm and friendly, we felt like one of the neighbors, not a tourist! Theo's recommendation of a more upscale restaurant, which we ate in Saturday night, was fabulous in food quality, taste, and service! If Theo had not referred us, we would never have known that a restaurant of this caliber existed in this quaint locale.

We had booked our canoeing adventure through Theo. The company used provided friendly and excellent service, and my husband and I enjoyed our time on the Delaware river despite the rain. The lunch and goodies Elaine packed us for our trip were tasty, and abundant enough to last throughout our day! On the topic of food, both mornings Elaine's breakfasts were scrumptious; and her and Theo's company, service, and attention to detail a delight! Her French toast was delectable, and her homemade granola, fresh fruit, and vegetable quiche were all taste bud sensations that left the mouth wanting more, and the stomach amply full.

We could not have asked for a more enjoyable weekend! Elaine and Theo have created a five star retreat that provides upscale accommodations and amenities in a down to earth, welcoming environment. Elaine & Theo, and the Delaware water gap & surrounding areas; provided a relaxing, much needed escape from our stressful, harried lives. If our children and schedules permit it, we will be returning next spring. In the meantime our lovely memories will have to sustain our serenity and sanity.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarthaRose2g
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Theo and Elaine, the proprietors of the place, are very friendly and helpful. Everything about the inn was in tip-top shape and well thought-out, right down to the wonderfully-manicured lawn. Elaine gave us several ideas for things to do when we were in the area, all of which ended up being excellent suggestions.

As others have noted, the real highlight of the day is the amazing breakfast they serve. Fresh organic foods, much of which is locally sourced, and all downright delicious. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to visit the area!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

What a beautiful, fully renovated location, tucked away, surrounded by lots of green! Theo and Elaine are the proud owners of this wonderful bed & breakfast. The rooms are cosy/chic (and clean!), the breakfasts home made, super delicious and tasty. For sunny and warm days there is a lovely terrace with a view on the pond and the neighbor's horses grazing peacefully. Theo is Dutch, one of the reasons why you will find touches of Holland, the Netherlands in the residence. You should absolutely make sure that you get a room at the Rosemary Inn and stay there to relax, exhale and escape from your busy agenda for a couple of days.

Kristel Slagter

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband has stayed here many times; this past weekend was my first visit. Immaculately maintained, our room was spotless and felt brand new. The bathroom was fantastic with high end finishes and the Inn's setting is beautifully landscaped, tranquil and utterly relaxing. I haven't slept this well in years. Extremely well equipped, water bottles, coffee, teas, snacks, and homemade cookies are always available. Breakfast is included and was superb. Innkeepers Theo and Elaine have thought of everything and are gracious hosts.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just back from our 4th visit to the Rosemary Inn. Elaine and Theo have created a fantastic God touched piece of heaven. Each year we are surprised to find that it still looks as if we are the very first guests that have arrived. Sparkling clean, fresh and beautiful without being overdone. We love the beach room, and couldn't even imagine that our host could do any more to make us feel special and comfortable. Breakfasts are delicious, the special cookies in the afternoons are delightful, the linens are luxurious and crisp. If you are looking for a place to relax and renew, look no further, you have found it!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful, go for the beech room if you love a long soak in the tub.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C

Been to The RoseMary Inn? Share your experiences!