“New and worth a try” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Columbus, Ohio
“New and worth a try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

Here is a very nice oriental restaurant with a great menu, lacking only a liquor license to make it complete. The food was delicious, and the prices were very reasonable. Service is excellent, and the decor reflects the excellent quality of the food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Ohiomitch

Oceanport, New Jersey
“Wonderful New Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Four of us had the pleasure of experiencing the cuisine at this recently opened new restaurant this past weekend. We are all Thai food lovers and have eaten at many different restaurants and we rank Siam Thai as one of the best. We started with the assorted app. combo(dumplings,spring rolls and samosas) with an extra of order of the dumplings---FANTASTIC--the best dumplings around. We are a family that believes in ordering food to share as you get to sample more variety that way, so we tried the spicy fried rice, green curry chicken, Pad See-ew(flat noodles), chicken rama and cinnamon duck. All were delicious, but hands down favorite and a definite repeat order on our next trip was the cinnamon duck. Moist, tender with crispy skin and downright addictive.

The new owners have done a great job in creating a warm, friendly environment to enjoy a night out. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Kathy H
New York City, New York
“Finally, great Thai food in Central NJ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Hands down one of the best Thai restaurants I've ever been to. And the best part is, it's not too far from where I live. The place just opened recently - barely 2 weeks ago. There's no advertising yet. We just noticed the place because it's right across from Delicious Orchards (a place we frequent) on Route 34 in Colts Neck Township. We had a hankering for Thai food one night and though it was late by US standards (it was past 9 pm), we decided to stop by.

And boy, am I glad we did. The food was amazing. Just the appetizers alone were a winner. We had the golden shrimp, poh pia and beef satay. While these foods had a nice kick to it, you can get even more of an oomph by putting in a number of different chili sauces they had (see metallic container pictured below - chili sauce came with garlic or vinegar, as a dry rub, and one other that escapes me at the moment). I had my usual massaman curry which is my staple to order from Thai places. I ordered this medium spicy and it was just perfect. The right amount of spice that makes me want to keep on eating (wait, that's not a good thing, is it??). And since they just opened, they don't have the ice cream flavors I usually enjoy (red bean and green tea), but they did promise there would be deliveries soon. We had the fried banana instead, and I'm happy to report that I was not disappointed.

One more thing to note: considering that they only had less than an hour before closing time, we were welcomed very warmly. Our server was very patient and did not rush us at all. She took the time getting all our orders (which is a lot, as is our usual style), answering questions, constantly refilling our water glasses, and solicitously coming back to check on us.

So many Thai places have spicy food for the sake of being spicy. Sometimes it's too much that the spice covers up whatever flavor the food really has (or lack of thereof). But the spice in Siam Thai's dishes just brings out the underlying flavors, making you want to eat more! If the quality of the food and the consistency of the good service stay the same, I can see myself changing my rating from 4 to 5. But to do this, I have to come back a few more times. And then we'll see.

• Visited February 2013