New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Village Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Colts Neck
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Definitely spring for a few more bucks or a bit of a drive and stay at a chain like Hampton inn. Soooooo nasty. Mold in the bathrooms shower stall not clean. Used shampoo bottle. Yuck. Room smelled very bad. Very seedy. So no pool as shown in the attached pic.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Called and made a reservation. I got there at 12pm after driving 5 hours withmy pregnant wife, 4 year old and aunt. They gave my room to someone ekse and told me to go away!!! I had to find another place to stay in a town ive never been to at midnight!!! Never stay there.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank mattbudek

Travelers are raving about these Colts Neck hotels

Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I were headed down to Englishtown for a racing experience at the raceway. She booked this hotel very last minute and didn't really check any reviews. After reading all the reviews on this site, I was quite nervous about what we had gotten ourselves into. The pictures are NOT of the Village Inn Motel. So yes, their website is deceiving. YES, the pool is closed down. But there really wasn't anything that had me sketched out beyond comprehension like some of the people who have reviewed this motel.

It's a motel. It's cheap. I wouldn't recommend showering here, but if you want a place to crash for a few hours, this is the perfect place to do it. Cable, a mini fridge, and a complimentary bottle of water. Dunno what more you want for $65 / night for a single bed.

The bed itself was clean, although the mattress was very stiff, we both slept for 6 hours without any issues. We checked for bugs and weird stains and found nothing. The towels in the bathroom were a stained a bit, and the bath tub itself was pretty grungy, but there wasn't heroin needles floating in the water or anything. The area surrounding the town is BEAUTIFUL. Back woods New Jersey! We arrived at 1:30AM (driving down from Mass.) and it was very, very quiet. The parking lot was well lit and my suspicions were never raised about sketchy people or activities.

Given that we arrived so late, we weren't sure if there were going to be any troubles getting checked in. The gentleman at the front desk was polite, had our reservation ready to go, and we were in and out of the office in five minutes. We speak ENGLISH, by the way.

If you want a cheap place to crash for a night, stay here and enjoy it! Grab some breakfast down the road and go on with your day. I wouldn't hang out there or stay more than a night, but I also wouldn't have "rather slept in my car", and by no means did we have the "worst stay ever". I've slept on the cold ground in combat zones, so I'm either not as classy as some of these other reviewers or I'm a little bit tougher. You decide.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Benihaha0341
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I lived in the area for 26 years and moved away. The Village Inn has always been the same welfare hotel! I visited a friend in the area and he suggested I stay at the Village Inn. He told me it was under new management and had changed. It has not! The room was dirty and nasty! The people that use this hotel go for a couple of hours and leave after sex! There was a mass movement at 3am of people leaving their rooms! The pictures that are posted on the web site are not the Village Inn! They are of the colts Neck Inn just down the road. Tripadviser should investigate because they misstepresemt their establishment with pictures of another hotel! PEOPLE STAY AWAY FROM THE VILLAGE INN IN COLTS NECK NJ. there is another Inn 2 miles north of this pig pen that is much nicer and cleaner. It's more exspesive but beleive me it worth it. It's called the Colts Neck Inn. The Village Inn should be condemned and torn down, it's that bad!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Readfield, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

first off this place was nastey!!! we had to stay here 4 nights and the first night when we got there they said that they didnt nornally use rm 102 but they were full so they put us there. there was bo room key they had the only key and had to let us in. he said that they would give us a nicer room the next day. the room was not completly painted it smelled the shower got cleaner as we showered. there was blue stains on the toilet like they sprayed to clean and never washed off. when he went to get in bed....there was blood stains on the sheets....yes blood. i went and told the man at the desk and it was like walking into a living room he was watching tv on a couch with his family, i could not understand him well and he had the same problem i told him i needed new sheets because of blood and when him and his wife came to change the sheets they picked dirt out of the bed and said "see no bugs" i was like no not bugs blood! then all i could thing about was bed bugs. i slept completly clothed on our new cleaner still dirty sheets, they still had stains on them. thier complementary breakfast is seasonal as they say and when it is "in season" you get a packet of oatmeal and a tea bag!!! what a breakfast. i did not see any indoor pool like advertised and nothing like the pictures. we tried to find another hotel but they were all full due to the huricane and if it had been summer we would have slept in the car! the towels were dirty and stained. and we never got a different room like they said we would, not that id expect much from a different room reading all these reviews.

Room Tip: dont stay here!!!!!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Nicole F
Carlstadt, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Let's put it this way:
Egg smell every time you turn on water. Waft of eggs drifts thru whole room when u turn on da sink/shower.
Pool has no water.
Language barrier with office manager.
Asked for non smoking and got smoking room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie B
East Meadow, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Booked a room fro an overnight stay for business. When I walked into the office I felt like I had walked into someone's living room in a third world country. The Man who came to the desk barely spoke english. Went to the room to freshen up and immediately notice the stench and when washing up the WATER SMELLS LIKE IT CAME FROM THE SEWER, The worst part was then I had to shower in it only to figure out that there were no towels in the room. The pool was empty and an eyesore. In the morning when leaving I asked another guest who was getting tools from a car in the parking lot that had broken windows how there experience was and they responded that this place is disgusting and he'd been living there for a year. This is obviously a home for low income individuals. I would rather have slept in my car. Run on't walk from this place.

Room Tip: One of the worst places I've ever seen!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Radisson Hotel Freehold
Radisson Hotel Freehold
#1 of 2 in Freehold
4.5 of 5 stars 794 reviews

Been to Village Inn? Share your experiences!