“Fun Night and Good Food”
Review of Huddy's Inn

Huddy's Inn
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Colts Neck
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Fun Night and Good Food”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Huddy's is a local favorite. Typical pub, but with better than average food. Not gourmet, but good decent stick to your ribs food. Good prices to boot. Topping the "appetizer" menu is "Mary & the Boys" which is, in fact, an excellent Bloody Mary with three (3) 10/16 sized shrimp hanging on the lip of the glass (This all for $7.95, which either the drink OR the shrimp would cost you elsewhere).
They have burgers, (including an excellent "Kobi Burger) steaks and prime rib, all actually cooked as you order them, plus a myriad of other dishes. The staff is usually very attentive, although we have had an occasional lapse in service by waitstaff who obviously had something more important to do. Overall, we enjoy the place very much and would reccommend it without hesitation.

• Visited April 2014

Freehold, New Jersey
“Very good choices”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I enjoyed dinner with my husband and friends on Saturday night. I had the best stuffed flounder I ever tasted. It was so fresh. The others had steak and prime rib. The prime rib was tough. I can't wait for the new restaurant to open!! Been coming to this restaurant a long time and friends always enjoy it as much as I do.

• Visited April 2014
New Jersey
“more than ok, but dessert was served as a mushy lump”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great for pub food. and burgers and beers. Friendly customers; locally owned, and derives its charm thusly. "Blackout cake" was a brown messy wad, served with a smirk by a young woman who, apparently, had better things to do. This was aberrant behavior for this place. Generally staff is very good. Thy are planning to move to fancier digs, I think. I hope they keep their character. Order the cheaper of the burger-types; it is tastier.

• Visited January 2014
Commack, New York
“A great place for bar fare..nothing fancy”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a pretty popular place in the area. The food (if you're a foodie like myself) is just ok. I tolerate it because my family loves this place. The staff there is hit or miss depending on the day. We made reservations there for St. Patrick's day (crazy day to go there...it's MOBBED) and ended up leaving since they kept taking people ahead of us. I guess it's who you know there, but it was not professional way to handle things. It's a locals place for sure. I keep hearing that a new location is coming and I've seen the location, but it's been YEARS on this. Again, it's just ok for food.

• Visited March 2014
pokadotj
“Friendly relaxed local restaurant”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Huddy's offers a relaxed atmosphere with good food. Is it a 5 star place, no but it is nice. The menu offers many choices (Steaks, seafood, burgers, salads, soups) at a reasonable price. There are daily specials. It is perfect for a quick bite or a large meal. Lunch specials are not to be missed. It is family friendly. We like sitting outside in the warm weather.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Huddy's Inn? Share your experiences!