“Unhappy With Banquet Customer Service And Wouldn't Go Back”

Colts Neck Inn Steak Chop House
Ranked #11 of 14 Restaurants in Colts Neck
Cuisines: Steakhouse, American, Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are in Historic Colts Neck. The Colts Neck Inn has been here since 1717. We are celebrating 300 years in 2017. We are a full restaurant and banquet center. Our specialty is Steaks. We offer a Sunday Buffet Brunch. We have live music and dancing Friday and Saturday Evening. We are open for lunch and dinner daily. We are proud to be the same owner for over 42 years.
Freehold, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unhappy With Banquet Customer Service And Wouldn't Go Back”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I held my daughter's Sweet 16 party here, but would not recommend them.The Banquet Manager couldn't have cared less about me and my event. I found her curt, unfriendly, unenthusiastic about my evening, and unhelpful. Some of my complaints were little things, and some of it was actual mismanagement. As an example of the silly stuff, I wanted to borrow a napkin to coordinate colors, and she wouldn't let me. I offered to BUY one, and she refused. I was going to spend $3000 there, and she wouldn't let me have a napkin?
The mismanagement things were the ones that got me. I spent an hour with her to plan a schedule for the evening, and emailed her copies two times. She never responded to either email, and the night of the party, the first thing the waiter said to me was "What time are things happening?'. I had to go over it again with him while our guests were arriving. Why didn't he have a copy? The coffee was not ready when the cake was served. We were assigned two waiters, but they were not very attentive to our guests. The parking lot smelled due to a septic system issue. There were cigarette butts in the planters by the front door.The DJ sent her his insurance information, and she never responded to him.
I was very disappointed in the whole place, as the room is nice and I know they have good food. When I complained to the owner that night, he said he wished I had told him earlier that I was unhappy. However, he was the one who I signed the contract with. When his pen had no ink, he threw it across the desk and stomped off to get another one. In hindsight, shame on me for not walking out then... I won't ever go back, because they left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

• Visited June 2013

“The boss is extremely rude”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Overheard the boss make rude remarks towards customers & it made me very uncomfortable to be there...overall, the past few times I've been there, the service was fast & friendly & the food was great...but the boss needs to clean up her act...seriously considering never coming back again because of the incident...

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank foodbaby90
“Worst experience ever Disgusting”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Made reservations for the 16th of February. Checked in my wife and I went up to the room . The room was dirty I had to kill a bug on the ceiling. The decor looked like it wasn't updated since the place was built. There was something dried and dripping on the wall picture. We picked up our bag went to the front desk and checked out and got our money back . I would never go or recommend this place to anyone. Disgusting

2 Thank reviewer319
Freehold, New Jersey
“They're Back!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had dinner there on 1/17, everything was great. The service and food was back to being what we expected. The liquor license has been restored so the place was very lively. We ordered steak and it was prepared exactly the way we like it. I rate their steak as the best in this area. We will definitely be revisiting in the very near future.

• Visited January 2013
NJ
“Luncheon Event”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The luncheon food was good but my complaint is specifically about the rest rooms. When entering the facility I had to use the rest room. Well that was the most disgusting smelling rest room I have been in in a long while . It stunk of urine and seemed like it hadn't been cleaned well in days. It was noon so it should have been thoroughly cleaned before the lunch service. Then upon leaving I had to walk past the rest rooms again while exiting and the smell even wreaked in the hall passing the rest room doors. Too bad the improvements in the facility and the staff was in good shape but this was a show stopper for future visits.

• Visited January 2013