“Valentine's Dinner and Drinks”
Review of Le Malt Lounge

Le Malt Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Malt Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Colonia
Cuisines: American, International, Bar
Description: Established in 2014, Le Malt Lounge is the first Brown Spirit and Wine Lounge of its kind in the state of NJ. Featuring over 1,000 brown spirits and 300 carefully chosen wines and craft beers, the lounge has quickly built a reputation as the go-to for the experienced malt drinkers and new fans alike. Food in the lounge is created by the experienced Chef Duke Estime, previously of the Mark Hotel in NYC. Maintaining the highest standard of quality and holding the best inventory in the state, guarantees parties of all sizes and amazing time they will never forget.
Reviewed February 25, 2016

I've been to Le Malt quite a few times. I've been there for my birthday and had an excellent experience with our group of 7. A great place for tapas and drinks and to lounge around and relax. For Valentine's day there was a pre fixed menu with delectable options and comfortable, romantic atmosphere. There is nothing like it in New Jersey!

Reviewed December 17, 2015

Although advertised as a place that specializes in Scotch and other "brown" drinks, we were extremely pleased with the food. Tapas were all tasty and 4 of them made a great meal for two people. The fois gras was exceptional, the empanadas were great. I dont remember everything else we had, but we enjoyed it all.

Scotch flights were interesting - I wish they had one for highlands single malts though. But i did samplers and then got more of a great new find - just what's supposed to happen. Place looks chic and fun. Good for groups, and late night outings

Reviewed December 1, 2015

A co-worker had recommended le Malt as a good spot for a drink and the food was good. That is all I need to explore and glad I did. Called in advance, this is important, to find out the scoop, you NEED reservation even for cocktails. Booked a table for 2 and the wife and I went off. it is for the most part couches, lounge chairs and low tables with some booths along the walls and no TV's, which was a nice change. Very eclectic drink menu very nice tapas menu. The waiter/bartender rolls the portable bar up to your table and makes your drink. I had the double cross martini with blue cheese stuffed olives, always a winner. My wife had their sangria which has J Walker Platinum in it, different but really good. I next went with the Boardwalk Empire, bacon infused bourbon, how do you go wrong with that then a scotch to finish the night off. The seared scallops and the lobster fritters on the tapas menu were out of this world. Ridiculous scotch and wine selection. Apparently they do tasting and other events, can't wait to go to some. I will definitely return.

Reviewed May 7, 2015 via mobile

Excellent lounge with any scotch and wine selection. Small plates with tasty food choices and service with smile . Nice ambiance and sitting arrangement.

Reviewed February 12, 2015

I went here with a group of family and friends to celebrate my birthday. We went on a Sunday night and there were only 2 other patrons besides us the whole evening.
Overall we had a fabulous time. The place is gorgeous, upscale and what I like to call, Grown and Sexy. Many liquors and cocktails to choose from. Also, the tapa plates were delicious! The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is because while the service was good and very attentive, I did often find myself wanting a drink and not able to get one quickly. 2 of my friends wanted to buy me birthday drinks which I never did get because a server wasn't readily available.

The Ferrari martini is the BEST martini I've ever had and the lovely flower in it adds an element of class. I really enjoyed my birthday here and would definitely return. I'm looking forward to returning for their Thursday Jazz nights.