“Great food, great price, great service!”
Review of Casona - CLOSED

Casona
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Knight Road
Transit: PATCO Speed line (Special Promotion for PATCO Freedom Card Holders!) FREEDOM Card holders now have the FREEDOM to Save! Show us your FREEDOM Card when you visit us and receive $10 off any order of $50 or more.
Description: Casona, the little Havana in the heart of Collingswood, features a menu ranging from traditional Cuban fare to Nouveau Latin cuisine. Casona is the home to truly innovative mouth-watering traditional Cuban favorites that include many gluten free & vegetarian menu options. Our in-house coffee bar features an international line of authentic coffees, espressos & teas, as well as unique virgin smoothies, tropical combinations, imported sodas & ice teas. Our chef, Pedro Reyes, has created a tantalizing menu that is sure to satisfy even the most discerning of Latin palates. In addition to our cozy dining room, we offer outdoor seating on our tranquil wrap around porch that can be enjoyed all year round. Join us for lunch, dinner or our award winning Sunday brunch.
Reviewed September 6, 2012

There is no place we'd rather go than Casona in Collingswood, NJ. From the guacamole to the paella the food is superb. Mark, the owner, truly cares about his customers and it is staff like Dennyse that always makes for a memorable experience. Another appealing quality is their gluten free friendly menu. If you are looking for a romantic evening out, a dinner with family and friends, or a private party Casona is the only choice!

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We went to Casona last night for my birthday. It was our first time there, and I can't believe we waited so long to finally go! From the guacamole, to the Vegetarian Tacos, to the Tres Leche dessert, every bite was delicious. The setting is also just quaint and lovely, with an outside deck and a beautifully intimate dining room. Not to mention, live acoustic music inside from 6 until 9!

No alcohol is served, but you're welcome to bring your own, which we did. They also have tons of gluten free items that are labeled as such, so it makes it very easy to navigate the menu. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Over the past 4 years I have been to Casona quite a few times. In the beginning, I really enjoyed the location and food, but in the past year the food hasn't been that great and expensive for what we got. I used to consider this one of my "go to" restaurants, but not anymore.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

I feel incredibly lucky to have Casona at the end of my street! I have been going regularly now for about a year and it is always delicious. Lovely indoor dining room, elegant, warm, relaxed. The wrap around porch is the prettiest outdoor dining spot in Collingswood. One of the few places where I can bring anyone, from my meat-loving adventurous eater husband- to my extended family which includes vegetarians, gluten-free, and those with multiple food allergies. All are welcome, we are never made to feel like we are difficult, even though we can be. Service is some of the best in town. Some of my favorites- Veggie Tacos, Vegetarian Habana Maduro, black bean soup, caramel flan.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We did Casona again for my dear friend's Bday last night...
She chose Casona last night for her Bday, and we've ALL been there as a larger group for their great brunches.

Last night, once again - my friend's Paella did NOT dissappoint. Our Guac and Empanada apps were consistently delicious – not many surprises here, which is a good thing! In the past I've done steak and pork entrees... and while delicious, nothing really ever BLEW me to pieces. So last night, I purposely chose to not repeat past choices... and really "test" things out: order the most overly popular, played out dish in this general realm of cuisine: FAJITAS.

Well well well. I was delighted. Sizzling seared, juicy beef goodness atop PERFECTLY done onions and peppers... straight up, it would've been enough right there. Delicious fresh "tropical cheese, a delightfully spicy sauce, more Guac... just YUM. For being such a predictable thing to order, Casona does their Fajitas RIGHT. My pal ordered the same but with chicken... and it really looked like one of the most impeccably prepared chicken dishes I've seen in some time... done as authentic Fajitas.

Now I feel like collectively - I can happily tell others more about this place, and surely consider it again the next time we venture out for this vibe of fresh cuisine!