“Food is Good, Not Worth The Cost”

Nunzio's Ristorante Rustico
Reserve with OpenTable
Nunzio's Ristorante Rustico is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 58 Restaurants in Collingswood
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Collings Avenue
Transit: Guests can ride the Patco Speedline easily from Philadelphia or any New Jersey Patco stop. For ride schedule information go to the Patco website.
Description: Nunzio Ristorante Rustico sits on a historic venue that once boasted as a nickelodeon theater and post office. As you walk into the restaurant your gaze takes you up into a two story villa al fresco reminiscence of Italian piazzas. The restaurant is perfect for intimate affairs for up to 120 guests. View menus and event details at nunzio's website.
Southampton, New Jersey
“Food is Good, Not Worth The Cost”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ate at Nunzio's with the family on Mother's Day. Maybe it was exceptionally loud because of all the large groups of families that had been celebrating. The food was okay. Nothing special that makes me want to go back, especially for the price. I had the eggplant rolatini app & what I guess was a 4 oz piece of Branzino with a side of broccoli rabe. The fish was cooked & seasoned well. The rabe was a little overcooked & soggy but all the flavors were good. My wife's caesar salad was very over dressed & the bones in her rabbit pappardelle made her stop eating half way through. my kids both had the gnocchi which was a bit on the mushy side. All in all, just okay but very expensive for Collingswood.

• Visited May 2014

Long Branch, New Jersey
“Love this place”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I would give it 5 stars if they served alcohol (I know it's a dry town, but still!). All of your meals are cooked by the owner. He is personable and visits every table even on a crowded night. The ingredients are fresh and the menu is designed to include creative, healthy options. It is hands-down my favorite Italian in South Jersey.

• Visited March 2014
New Jersey
“Not going back.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Anyone who lives in the area of Collingwood/Haddonfield, NJ knows that the amount of BYOB restaurants there are staggering. In this bad economy I will only spend my money at a spot that has great food and makes me feel welcome! There is nothing wrong with the food at Nunzi's it is fresh and tasty too! It is also very expensive. You can read the other reviews for that. The decor is beautiful. One of the prettiest restaurants in the area. What I did not enjoy was the welcoming. It was a snowy night in February. I got to Nunzio's 10 mins. before my 5:00 PM reservation. The place was almost empty at this time. We were very cold from the long walk from the parking lot in the snow. I just wanted to sit down and open my wine and wait for my party at MY TABLE an warm up! Well the hostess who I want to call the GATE KEEPER would have none of that. She said your full party has to be here before I seat you. It was cold in that waiting area and there are NO seats. Again I said to her the restaurant is empty this early so please can we sit down, we are cold? She said NO, again. I said I want to speak to Nunzio! She said no to that. Just then the rest of my party arrived so they let us sit down. It just doesn't matter how the food was after that. I knew right then I would NEVER return to Nunzio's because I am never going to stand in a cold waiting area being held there by a not so pleasant gate keeper. It seemed she liked making us wait in the cold. I will spend my money at the many other BYOB's in the area! This place lost my lunch business over this too! I just want to say there are many older people who cannot stand for a long time because of physical reasons (and they are not going to tell you that)and this would not work for them. I could never take my parents here for that very reason. I would not want to wait for a party of 10 in that cold waiting area with the unpleasant women! If this really is a Nunzio rule maybe it is time you reconsider this rule?(I just want you to know I did wait three weeks before writing this review because I did not want to write it while still feeling unwelcomed by your hostess.) The rest of my party feels the same as I do on this. They could not believe we were made to wait in a cold and seatless waiting area!

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank skipthelightfandango
NunzioRistoranteRust, General Manager at Nunzio's Ristorante Rustico, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
It is unfortunate you felt this way. Nunzio's is known for its warm hospitality as well as its award winning Italian cuisine. The restaurant adheres to the restaurant industry standard to seat parties once they are completely arrived especially on very busy nights and parties larger than 4. This is not a rule rather than a way to manage all the reservations arriving throughout the entire evening. Although you waited ten minutes, you and your party were seated promptly at the 5:00 pm reservation time.

Our staff try their very best to accommodate our guests and very much appreciate those who confirm their reservations, arrive on time and call when they are running late. The staff are trained to be be respectful and anticipate providing any type of assistance to our guests who requests special seating arrangements due to physical incapacitation. As a BYOB , we are fortunate to have a lobby area where other local byobs do not and guests have to wait outside in the heat or cold.

We hope you will reconsider and enjoy the food you say love.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A fresh take on italian food”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I haven't made it to Italy yet but I believe this is the style of cooking I would find. Nunzio has his usual selections on the menu but he changes the specials according to seasonal market. Don't hesitate to try something new or unusual. On one of my visits he served Skate (similar to a stingray) - What a pleasant surprise, I have a new favorite seafood. I don't like vegetables but when he prepares them, I clear my plate. We tried a fried artichoke and ended up fighting each other for the last leaves. The fried calamari are crisp, tender and second to none. Pasta, veal, steak, lamb, chicken or Branzino fileted at table side - you won't be disappointed. My wife would never forgive me if I didn't mention his deserts. Even if you are full after the feast you've just been served, split one of his freshly prepared deserts (it doesn't matter which one, they are all fantastic).

• Visited March 2014
Collingswood, New Jersey
“Always Fun”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Have been to Nunzio's on numerous occasions and it's always fun. The specials are usually fantastic and the atmosphere is always lively. May be a little noisy if your looking for a quiet romantic getaway, but it's really nice for a normal date night or dinner with some friends. the service is always good and we've always had a very nice meal. Love the scallops appetizer and the fish and pasta are always something to look forward to. if you play your cards right and ask quitely you might even be treated to some homemade lemoncello at the end!

• Visited February 2014