“No idea what any of the fuss is about”
Review of The Tortilla Press

The Tortilla Press
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tortilla Press is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 58 Restaurants in Collingswood
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual, family friendly and always fun and festive, The Tortilla Press is a fresh take on traditional Mexican food. We add classic Mexican spices and flavors to great American entrees like steak, ribs and chicken. The result is a mouthwatering take on how fresh ingredients make for wonderful meals. Seasonal menus reflect the bounty of nearby South Jersey farms. Desserts are home made. Delectable entrees use the tenderest meats and seafood in delicious ways. Come and enjoy! Special, value saving meals are always on the menu. Kids eat free on Mondays! Wednesday offers Taco specials. Lots of vegetarian and gluten free options too. A delightful way to kick back and enjoy a truly good meal with friends!
Mullica Hill
“No idea what any of the fuss is about”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband, son and I finally went to the Tortilla Press to find out what all the 5 star fuss was about. We love Mexican food and always try and support local businesses, so we thought this would be a win win situation. The restaurant itself is nice, with local artists work adorning the walls, but it is a little worn looking, with walls in bad need of paint. The waitress came to take our order and though she was nice enough, seemed extremely disinterested in her job. She brought out a basket of breakfast nachos(slightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon) even though it was 3 in the afternoon. Half the basket tasted like it had been out since breakfast, which it probably had. My husband and I ordered the chicken burritos and when they came they were the most flavorless burritos I had ever eaten! There was absolutely NO seasoning, no spices and zero taste. Im not usually one to complain, but this food tasted like boiled water with substance. I called the waitress over and told her I could not finish the meal, it was that bad. She looked at me and said "Yeah, this is one of the worst items on the menu." Picked up my plate and walked off. The manager came over to see if she could bring me something different, but I wasn't about to wait around for more awful food, The manager explained that there were plenty of people who came to the restaurant that didn't like Mexican food and therefore they made certain items "plain" to satisfy those guests. WHAT?! Why would you go to a Mexican restaurant IF YOU DONT LIKE MEXICAN FOOD?! Unfortunately, she had no intelligent response. They did take the item off the bill without me having to ask them to do so. That was the highlight of the meal. If you love flavorless ,stale food and disinterested service, then by all means, this is the restaurant for you! Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013

new jersey
“The grilled corn....outrageous...get the brownie with ice cream, too!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have been here several times with work friends....always fantastic....appetizers...nachos, tacos...whatever...have loved it!!! Been there for dinner, too....great, great meal....but went last evening....had the grilled corn....OMG!!! Grilled in chile garlic butter....squeeze the fresh lime and enjoy....succulent!!! My husband had the Habenero Shrimp...with the chipolte mashed potatoes..yummy...I had the Salmon special with garlic butter and peppers and onions...I was supposed to have the mashed potatoes, but they served it with rice...not really a fan of rice, but it was really, really tasty...dessert and coffee a must...we BOTH had the chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream....it was one of the best desserts EVER!! Service by Brendan was great....just love this place...our fav Mexican place...gotta have that corn again!!!!

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“great location and decor, average food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

the place was busy and loud and had a party-like atmosphere, our waiter was enthusiastic and the menu is extensive and creative. we ordered a pitcher of their AWESOME virgin margarita mix to add to our byop bottle of tequila and waited far too long for only mediocre mexican food.

Visited July 2013
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“For Mexican-inspired excellent Cuisine, try Tortilla Press in Collingswood”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Tortilla Press in Collingswood provides first-rate Mexican-inspired cuisine at reasonable prices. Everything is made with the freshest ingredients, and the blends of flavors are imaginative. Start with the homemade tortilla chips with salsa, which are exceptional. The gazpacho is also a treat. There is wide range of soups, salads, sandwiches, quesadillas and burritos, among other entrees. I had a delicious steak and avocado quesadilla with sweet potato fries, and my wife had a tasty veggie burrito. Although this was a weekday lunch, our favorite meal here is the Saturday or Sunday Brunch. Before noon, many selections are only $6, an incredible bargain, given the quality of the cuisine. Fresh-squeezed orange juice makes a nice accompaniment. The restaurant is BYOB. Of the many Collingswood restaurants, this one should not be missed.

• Visited July 2013
Haddonfield, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Great time”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We love the Tortilla press, Both locations are fabulous, service is great and chef Mark comes up with the best dishes. you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013