“Great dining place”

Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: E. Coulter Avenue
“Great dining place”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My husband and me been there at last week-end. Food was very delecious, especially with spicies. I love indian meals for their nontraditional and aromatic taste and flavor. Great place for dining, I would love to reccomend this restaurant for my friends too !

3 Thank Ehab E

Mt Laurel, New Jersey
“Great Indian Food”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had dinner here with 2 other couples and were all very happy we did. The food and service were excellent. The owners obviously very caring about food quality and taste. We are all looking forward to return visits. One of the couples had been here previously 3 times.

We started with a combination appetizer and a variety of breads. Individual choices were various saag dishes, vindaloo, and baingan bartha. Portions were generous and prices very reasonable. We all took some food home to savor again.

It's certainly one of the best Indian restaurants I've been to in the area.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Ruth C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I'm feeling compelled to review this place because it's so unassuming, and only has two reviews on here.

Clay Oven Palace is run by some of the nicest and most caring people I've ever met in the restaurant industry. The food (specifically the titular clay oven chicken house special) is fantastic, especially for the price.

While it's a little further towards 130 than most of the other restaurants in Collingswood, it's a quaint little storefront with a small outside dining area for when the weather is warmer. Each time we've gone, our service has been impeccably sweet and accommodating.

If you've already eaten at indieblue and the others, give this joint a try, it might become your favorite hidden gem.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Matt E
Brigantine, New Jersey
“Reliable Buffet”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I went to Clay Oven Palace soon after it opened, and I was very happy with my dinner, which was mostly from the buffet. I didn't think it was exceptional, but everything was solid. We did order samosas as well, and they were excellent. I visited again (months later) for lunch and also had the buffet. I went a few minutes after they opened and most of the food on the buffet was not hot. When I went back up the 2nd time, the items were definitely warmer. I was delighted to see the server speaking with many of the repeat customers, which means people are coming back and supporting a local restaurant. I love that, and I think the place a has a lot to offer. I'd be happier if the some of the dishes were a little spicier, but it's great they do put out some chilies to add should you want some.

It's not flashy, and I do think the other Indian restaurants in Collingswood have more flavorful dishes, but I like the blue-collar feel of this place, and you can't beat $7.95 for all you can eat.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Denise H
Collingswood, New Jersey
“Classic and full of loving care.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I've had the buffet, sit in and also take out service. thanks to the buffet ive had a variety of dishes and almost all were excellent. Some were not to my taste but that's just my preference and not reflective of the quality of the dishes. Obviously the go to take out Indian foods are excellent like the tikka and makhani and you can't go wrong there. If there's one knock its just the decor
Not being as nice as inde
Blue but as a former connivence store they did an excellent job. We're lucky in collingswood having three Indian places and all are great.

• Visited July 2013