“Worth every calorie!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Collingswood
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Pop Shop serves whimsical American comfort cuisine. Featured nationally on “Throwdown with Bobby Flay” on The Food Network. Kids’ menu was awarded “Best Menu in America” by Restaurant Hospitality magazine. The huge menu includes 30 grilled cheese, dozens of pancakes, creative burgers, salads and sandwiches, hand cut fries, and gourmet sundaes and milkshakes. All day breakfast. Retro décor with 1950’s soda counter and bubble gum colors. Private banquet space for up to 100.
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The grilled cheese sandwiches and the dessert menu. Those are the two main reasons to go here!!! You can't go wrong with any of the menu items, but they're known for their grilled cheese options. There's paper hats for kids to customize with crayons (they'll even give the adults one if you ask nicely).

Friendly word of advice... this place is LOUD and overrun with kids a lot of the time. They do Quizzo one night a week, though, which is BYOB and in a back room away from all the kiddos.

I love this place, and hear they're opening a new spot in Medford... closer to home for me, I hope it really happens!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Menu is huge and what we have had is very good. Gets very crowded but is a great place to go with little kids.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

we stopped in with my 11 yr. old niece and it turned out to be a great lunch for the three of us.
She had a good burger with cheddar cheese and mushrooms, with a side of fries. My wife had a bacon grilled cheese, I had a pesto and sundried tomato grilled cheese. Both were excellent and filling ( we left with a doggie bag). It is good quality at a reasonable price.

1  Thank EricG1954
Reviewed September 1, 2012

After revealing to a coworker that my husband and I have 5 children (ages 8,6,5, and twin 23 months), she suggested we visit the Pop Shop. Since we live a short 7 miles from the restaurant, I decided to give it a try. It was easy to find and centrally located among many of the shops in Collingswood. I LOVED the area. It is very hip and young. We went on a Wednesday night and there were many young couples, teenagers, and young families walking the streets. The "feel" of the small town is very up-and-coming. We parked around the corner in a small parking lot with meters. It was $.25 for 30 minutes (which is pretty good!). After a short walk, we came to the shop which was very crowded for a Wednesday night. We had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated, but that is not unusual for us since we are a family of 7. A very nice waiter came and took our drink orders and gave the kids some soda jerk hats and crayons. They enjoyed decorating their hats! They also enjoyed the fact that the menu is in the form of a newspaper. The kids ordered from the kid's menu (pancakes, chicken fingers, and french toast). My husband got the reuben hot dog and I got the 5B's which is the grilled cheese sandwhich Bobby Flay created when he visited the Pop Shop on the Food Network show. We also got a crab pretzel for an appetizer.

The service was okay. It wasn't really fast or terribly slow. The good thing is the restuarant is very LOUD, so my screaming 23 month old blended in with the crowd. This is not a place where you go if you want to have a conversation. It's GREAT if you have a loud family though, which we do. The food was just okay. It wasn't hot enough. The crab pretzel was YUCK, even the babies wouldn't eat it. The Bobby Flay grilled cheese had good flavor, but again wasn't hot enough. My husband said his reuben dog had very good flavor as well. The kids LOVED their food, however. My 6 year old son said the pancakes were the best he ever had!

The kids got balloons and coupons for free ice cream cones when we were leaving, which was a nice touch. The loved it and asked if we can go again.

All in all, it was a good family visit and we will go again.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Our first visit was awful. The service was so bad we swore we would never return. Friends of ours went and had a good time so we decided to give it one last try. Second visit had AMAZING service. The food was "alright" nothing noteworthy, but the kids liked it. I was so happy with the service I would be willing to go back, not for me, but for the kids.

2  Thank Alex B