“Down Hill”

Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Betty checked me in, all is well. They finished remodeling the restaurant, looks fine, not better. The new menu, ( or lack thereof ) is costly. 1 meal + 1 beer + 1 tip ( good service ) = $33 ; and wondering if I had even eaten.. Where's B.K.? Then no wake-up call.. That's the biggy, I woke up 2+ hrs. late. I am thinking, travel clock.
I have stayed here 20+ times, and staff are the ONLY thing going for this place, and location. The management here, well, I'll expect things to get worse.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Hans H
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Hans H.,

Wow I am so sorry that you had a bad dining experience here at the hotel as well as missed your wake-up call. My deepest apologies. This not the normal as well as you are a veteran here at the hotel.

Since you have stayed here 20+ times you have seen the metamorphosis the hotel had been through .We have been well received ,on our newly renovated dining room the Oase Grill , NYC style environment in our new One -11 Bar and Lounge and 142 newly renovated rooms .

The modern look of the hotel is a far cry from the colonial look we did have. If there is anything I can do to make you next visit better please contact me directly as I personally handle all of the guests with care. My staff delivers the best service experience that we can. If we fall short please do not assume this will fall on def ears and nothing will be resolved .We hope to see you soon !

Michelle

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Clean, quiet (we stayed on a Monday and Tuesday), nice room. The restaurant was under construction but the bar served food from which we ordered one dinner and said we would pick it up and bring it to our room; however, the bartender brought it up. Had a little trouble connecting to their internet because we had to disable some security software on our computers. The staff was really fantastic and went out of their way to accommodate all of our requests. Breakfast is not included with the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear AnnBin LA,

We here at the Holiday Inn are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel! We appreciate your feedback. I do apologize for any inconvenience for our restaurant being closed however on your next visit you will see that our renovations are complete .

Our new restaurant the Oase Grill is a fantastic way to start your day or end your day. Our new breakfast buffet you can enjoy many breakfast options . Our staff is here to satisfy every guest and I am glad to hear that you were pleased . We look forward to your next visit!

Michelle

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Check in by Ms Betty was very quick and efficient. Room was clean,nice decor,restaurant staff Mr Cyle & Mr Bouis were very professional.Food was good.The bed was comfortable and spacious.Great time next time I'll definitely stay longer.The front desk Manager was a very kind and courteous young lady.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sherwin C
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Scherwin C,

I would like to thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Holiday Inn of Clinton, NJ. I appreciate the personal comments about the staff ,I will certainly let them know. We strive to be A "Great Hotel That Guest Love" your business is important and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very good, I have stayed here many times. But for some reason on this visit they had loud music and all kinds of noise by the front entrance. Last i checked this is a hotel, people come here to get rest and sleep. This is not a night club. At the very least they should warn the guest's that they will be having all this noise going on and offer a room at the opposite side of the building. Last time i stay here, unless it's the last place on earth. Total BS.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Mac2076
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Mac2076,

I am sorry that you did not enjoy any peace. We in fact do have a nightclub in the hotel in which we have entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights. One -11 Bar and Lounge is located by the entrance as we have always had. We do offer to our guests to be away from the nightclub and I am sorry if the noise offended you as you entered the hotel. We do have sound proofing in the nightclub as not to disturb the guests on the floors.

Regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

On 6/17/13, I reserved & received confirmation for A NON SMOKING 2 DOUBLE BED ROOM, to attend a high school reunion on 10/12/13. At check in we were assigned an ACCESSIBLE KING ROOM. The explanation was that the American Red Cross needed rooms with 2 beds for fire victims~there were no other rooms available. The front desk person was apologetic, but stated there was nothing she could do. The room was located on the top floor, close to the vending machine...the sound proofing in the room we found out after mid night was not good either. When we stepped into the room, it was in obvious need of a deep cleaning. The carpet was worn, the tables, desk etc were smeared, the bathroom had such a strong smell of urine that I had to ask for a housekeeping staff member to come to address it. The gentleman sprayed some deodorizer, which initially masked the odor, but it returned almost immediately. The water control for the shower was difficult to adjust, the water pressure non existent. The towels were thin and worn, the tub stained. There was 1 mirror in the entire room and that was in the bathroom with poor lighting. The iphone, alarm docking station had no power plug attached. The front desk offered a 15% discount for inconvenience. When the bill was slipped under the door, it did NOT reflect a discount. Once again, I had to contact the desk and then the folio was adjusted. We have stayed in the particular Holiday Inn before, in spite of "renovations", it has gone down hill. I expected more. Disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Reconfirm your reservation and room type and check the room out before you unpack!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hiker17

Dear Hiker17,

We are very sorry if you had an unpleasant stay and we send our deepest apologies. Our carpet is less than a year old so I am sorry if you though it to be worn? We have done many renovations and upgrades and I am sorry you did not feel at home . We do our best to please our guest and deliver the best service . I am sorry if you had so many issues I encourage you to reach and call me so I can make it right for you.

Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times. it is a nice building and nice staff. the restaurant and bar or nice. The only issues would be, the showers, the water control seem to be all or nothing, hot or cold; the coffee cups in the rooms have lids that don't fit snuggly, spilling coffee all over. lastly, STAFF. They need more. The staff that they have are Great, they need more in the kitchen especially. Over all, over looking the management shortcomings, it's very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Hans H
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Hans H,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and hope to see you again soon. I apologized it you had a hard time adjusting the water we are looking into the issue. I assure you that we are a fully staffed hotel and totally focused on the best delivery of customer service possible.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Friends and I stayed here for wedding. Staying on the top floor gave us a nice view of the fall foliage.The room was spacious. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. There was a problem with the TV channels, the night staff found someone who could reprogram the channels, I appreciate the efforts they went to. Breakfast was included in the room rate. Breakfast was a buffet,the food was hot and there were many choices. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Wopatwoman,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn of Clinton, NJ. I will relay your positive feedback to our staff. We work hard at serving the best possible hospitality that we can. Thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again really soon.

Michelle Satanik

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!