“Pleasant Staff-Terrible Room”

Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed October 13, 2013

On 6/17/13, I reserved & received confirmation for A NON SMOKING 2 DOUBLE BED ROOM, to attend a high school reunion on 10/12/13. At check in we were assigned an ACCESSIBLE KING ROOM. The explanation was that the American Red Cross needed rooms with 2 beds for fire victims~there were no other rooms available. The front desk person was apologetic, but stated there was nothing she could do. The room was located on the top floor, close to the vending machine...the sound proofing in the room we found out after mid night was not good either. When we stepped into the room, it was in obvious need of a deep cleaning. The carpet was worn, the tables, desk etc were smeared, the bathroom had such a strong smell of urine that I had to ask for a housekeeping staff member to come to address it. The gentleman sprayed some deodorizer, which initially masked the odor, but it returned almost immediately. The water control for the shower was difficult to adjust, the water pressure non existent. The towels were thin and worn, the tub stained. There was 1 mirror in the entire room and that was in the bathroom with poor lighting. The iphone, alarm docking station had no power plug attached. The front desk offered a 15% discount for inconvenience. When the bill was slipped under the door, it did NOT reflect a discount. Once again, I had to contact the desk and then the folio was adjusted. We have stayed in the particular Holiday Inn before, in spite of "renovations", it has gone down hill. I expected more. Disappointing stay.

Room Tip: Reconfirm your reservation and room type and check the room out before you unpack!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hiker17
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Hiker17,

We are very sorry if you had an unpleasant stay and we send our deepest apologies. Our carpet is less than a year old so I am sorry if you though it to be worn? We have done many renovations and upgrades and I am sorry you did not feel at home . We do our best to please our guest and deliver the best service . I am sorry if you had so many issues I encourage you to reach and call me so I can make it right for you.

Regards,

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here many times. it is a nice building and nice staff. the restaurant and bar or nice. The only issues would be, the showers, the water control seem to be all or nothing, hot or cold; the coffee cups in the rooms have lids that don't fit snuggly, spilling coffee all over. lastly, STAFF. They need more. The staff that they have are Great, they need more in the kitchen especially. Over all, over looking the management shortcomings, it's very nice.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Hans H
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Hans H,

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and hope to see you again soon. I apologized it you had a hard time adjusting the water we are looking into the issue. I assure you that we are a fully staffed hotel and totally focused on the best delivery of customer service possible.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Friends and I stayed here for wedding. Staying on the top floor gave us a nice view of the fall foliage.The room was spacious. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. There was a problem with the TV channels, the night staff found someone who could reprogram the channels, I appreciate the efforts they went to. Breakfast was included in the room rate. Breakfast was a buffet,the food was hot and there were many choices. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Wopatwoman,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn of Clinton, NJ. I will relay your positive feedback to our staff. We work hard at serving the best possible hospitality that we can. Thank you for your positive feedback and we hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Visiting on business. The service at the front desk and breakfast buffet was top notch. The room was large and comfortable. Overall the Clinton area is very nice. Ate at Como on the suggestion of hotel staff for a local experience. Just great. I will return and stay again.

Stayed: September 2013
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear CactusPatch,

I wanted to thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff and we are so glad that you were so pleased with your stay here in Clinton, NJ at the Holiday Inn. We always appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This hotel has been updated so it was better than expected :)
My rate included the breakfast buffet which was awesome.
Also included a free bar drink.
Staff was very friendly! Offered to help when I needed a ride :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Caren_H
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Caren_H,

Thank you so much on your feedback for the Holiday Inn of Clinton, NJ. We appreciate your kind words and acknowledgement of our newly renovated property and our staff. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am happy to see that this hotel is under renovations. I think it will be quite nice when completed. I was here unfortunately during renovation for a day seminar. I did not stay at the hotel. The seats were so close together that you actually had to climb OVER your chair to sit in it. We were elbow to elbow thigh to thigh. There were no bathrooms available on the first floor due to renovations, so we had to share a two stall bathroom upstairs for over a hundred women. The line took close to 30 mins to get through, leaving is missing part of the seminar we had payed for. Our instructor asked for other bathrooms to be available, but none were supplied. The bathroom was utterly disgusting by the end of the day.

For lunch we were offered a $12 lunch box meal. It had a meager convenience food store quality sandwich, an apple, a bag of chips and a cookie (which were assigned to each box randomly so that people were trading like kids in a lunchroom). Most seminars supply glasses at each seat and water pitchers at each table, but here we had to fend for ourselves. Coffee and tea were available.

I am attending another upcoming course held here in a few months. I am hoping renovations are complete and I can re-review.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank nancydiane

Dear Nancy Diane,

Yes we are under renovations which makes every business challenging at times. We are doing our best to wrap up the construction. We hope for it to be complete by October.

We appreciate your feedback on our box lunch and will take it into advisement. The box lunch is offered as a courtesy and convenience for our guests due to the fact at some seminars do not provide the food. A sandwich , beverage, cookies ,chips and fruit is a generous offering at $12.00.

The set up of the function and the offerings that are provided are the wishes of the client . We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This facility has obviously undergone a major revamp. There is still some construction going on, ut what is done is well done. The place is clean and pleasing to the eye. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The annoyances come with the front desk. For the first time in years the key cards performed poorly. One out of two mal-functioned. The problem cam when you went to the desk and requested a new card, you got it WITHOUT ANY IDENTITY CHECK. I saw many people come to the desk and request a key and get it without any question. There was also a lot of commtion on one of the flloors in the middle of the night. The hotel's response was no response.
I also heard guests complaining about various problems and the attitude at the desk was, "Not my problem." The customer was certainly not always (or even sometimes) right.
It is a shame. The physical property is fine.
Warning. Do not get hungry during the day. There is no food available from 11Am to 5 PM.
Warning: There is no walk-in shower in the handicap room.

Room Tip: The rooms over the pool complained about lack of light shielding curtains and the pool lights were o...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sjl08203

Dear sjl08203,

Thank you for bringing your stay to my attention.I am sorry for any troubles that you encountered here at the hotel. I assure you that I take all of our guests comments very seriously. That is not the kind of customer service we promote at this property.

We do have 7 ADA accessible rooms at our property 2 of which have roll in showers. We do not serve lunch but will take it into advisement. I do hope you give us a second chance and request a roll in for your comfort.

Michelle Satanik

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Branchburg
HYATT house Branchburg
#2 of 5 in Branchburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Easton

Been to Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!