“Here for a seminar”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Here for a seminar”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I am happy to see that this hotel is under renovations. I think it will be quite nice when completed. I was here unfortunately during renovation for a day seminar. I did not stay at the hotel. The seats were so close together that you actually had to climb OVER your chair to sit in it. We were elbow to elbow thigh to thigh. There were no bathrooms available on the first floor due to renovations, so we had to share a two stall bathroom upstairs for over a hundred women. The line took close to 30 mins to get through, leaving is missing part of the seminar we had payed for. Our instructor asked for other bathrooms to be available, but none were supplied. The bathroom was utterly disgusting by the end of the day.

For lunch we were offered a $12 lunch box meal. It had a meager convenience food store quality sandwich, an apple, a bag of chips and a cookie (which were assigned to each box randomly so that people were trading like kids in a lunchroom). Most seminars supply glasses at each seat and water pitchers at each table, but here we had to fend for ourselves. Coffee and tea were available.

I am attending another upcoming course held here in a few months. I am hoping renovations are complete and I can re-review.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank nancydiane
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Nancy Diane,

Yes we are under renovations which makes every business challenging at times. We are doing our best to wrap up the construction. We hope for it to be complete by October.

We appreciate your feedback on our box lunch and will take it into advisement. The box lunch is offered as a courtesy and convenience for our guests due to the fact at some seminars do not provide the food. A sandwich , beverage, cookies ,chips and fruit is a generous offering at $12.00.

The set up of the function and the offerings that are provided are the wishes of the client . We hope to see you again soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Michelle Satanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Brigantine, New Jersey
Reviewed September 11, 2013

This facility has obviously undergone a major revamp. There is still some construction going on, ut what is done is well done. The place is clean and pleasing to the eye. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The annoyances come with the front desk. For the first time in years the key cards performed poorly. One out of two mal-functioned. The problem cam when you went to the desk and requested a new card, you got it WITHOUT ANY IDENTITY CHECK. I saw many people come to the desk and request a key and get it without any question. There was also a lot of commtion on one of the flloors in the middle of the night. The hotel's response was no response.
I also heard guests complaining about various problems and the attitude at the desk was, "Not my problem." The customer was certainly not always (or even sometimes) right.
It is a shame. The physical property is fine.
Warning. Do not get hungry during the day. There is no food available from 11Am to 5 PM.
Warning: There is no walk-in shower in the handicap room.

Room Tip: The rooms over the pool complained about lack of light shielding curtains and the pool lights were o...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sjl08203
Dear sjl08203,

Thank you for bringing your stay to my attention.I am sorry for any troubles that you encountered here at the hotel. I assure you that I take all of our guests comments very seriously. That is not the kind of customer service we promote at this property.

We do have 7 ADA accessible rooms at our property 2 of which have roll in showers. We do not serve lunch but will take it into advisement. I do hope you give us a second chance and request a roll in for your comfort.

Tucson, AZ
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Having just stayed here, in general we liked the hotel. The general appearance is a bit dated. Certainly this won't be confused with a hotel that was constructed in the past couple of years but the rooms themselves have obviously been redone fairly recently with granite showers and vanity surfaces. The room we stayed in was a decent size and the mattress was very comfortable. There was a desk and small little night reading lights in addition to the bedside lamps. Nice touch!

My biggest complaint about this hotel is the "gym". The gym had two treadmills and one was out of order. It also had a modest elliptical machine or two. It also had one heavy duty all-in-one weight machine. They must use some cleaning agent that is very slippery because both the gym floor which are those interlocking rubber mats and the surface of the treadmill mat were quite slippery. In fact, during my treadmill workout I was afraid to actually run feeling fairly certain I'd slip. I was also afraid to incline the treadmill too heavily for fear of literally sliding down! I have a treadmill at home, so I know that this experience was way different and not in a good way. Personally I think this is an accident and a lawsuit waiting to happen. To round out the gym's failings, there didn't seem to be a temperature control and being next to the pool it was too warm and humid and the one TV (with a broken remote) is facing only the weight machine. If you're on the treadmill you have to look at the mirror in front of you to see it's reflection. All in all, the gym gets a a "D" rating. The pool however looked very nice and fairly large.

Finally, there's not much in the way of eateries in the immediate area and if you want to find a bite to eat after 9PM. Forget about it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear SW Travels,

Thank you for leaving your feedback about the Holiday Inn , Clinton, NJ. We appreciate all of our customers comments. The hotel is still under renovations and the Fitness Room is still awaiting its make over however we do have free passes to the local YMCA for our guests .The next time you are in town inquire at the desk for this free amenity that we provide for our guests who want more of a work out.

Our rooms are completely renovated and our common areas are a work in progress to be completed by November. Hope to see you again soon.

Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is very pretty, the lobby and seating is spacious. We enjoyed sitting outside in the evening. The rooms were spacious and the views from our 5th floor room were great. I was just a little disappointed about two things otherwise I would have given a 5 rating. We were given a room on the second floor and tried to enter the room only to find that there were already people in there that had just checked in before us. The other thing was that my sheets appeared to not have been changed. There was makeup and mascara stains on my pillow which was disappointing. However there were lots of amenities at the hotel which I couldn't take advantage of but nice that they were there such as a restaurant, a bar, and an indoor pool. Ample parking as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for the feedback and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I assure you that we send our deepest apologies for checking you into the wrong room . I also add that we most certainly change the sheets and the stains you found are not characteristic of our service. I hope that we see you again soon.

Groton, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very conveniently located hotel with great amenities: pool, restaurant, lounge. Our room was a bit stuffy; smelled like someone had been smoking in our non-smoking room. As per one of the other commenters: the water temp. is difficult to set in the shower, so be careful to get it right before you get in. Once it's set, it's fine. Very friendly and helpful staff; however, the place could be just a tad cleaner (to be fair, they were remodeling when we were there and that kicks up dust!).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear PB_Bird,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay! Yes we are still under some renovations so we do apologize about the dust we do our best . I appreciate the comments about our staff and their helpfulness. We are here for you and so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Sincerely ,

Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here Aug. 2/3 while participating in a reenactment nearby. Very convenient, and so nice to be able to get a great breakfast on site! We also had one dinner in the restaurant - great seafood bisque! Staff is super; thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear pumpknbudy,

I just wanted to thank you for your kind words about the staff and the positive feedback. Reenactment Days in Clinton are always a special weekend and we are so glad you have an enjoyable time at the hotel and our town. We hope to see you again really soon.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 8/2-8/3 and had a very nice overnight.
The room was very nice (just one negative: the water was very difficult to control in the shower)
I nearly scaled myself trying to get the shower to a "mid range" level.
Clean and quiet !!!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got it !!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear njpansy21,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Clinton, NJ at the Holiday Inn. It is always great to receive feedback on our hotel we appreciate your business and we hope that you return and stay with us soon. I will look into that water issue.

All the Best ,

Michelle Satanik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg

Been to Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!