“very decent stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Palm Coast, Florida
“very decent stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 8/2-8/3 and had a very nice overnight.
The room was very nice (just one negative: the water was very difficult to control in the shower)
I nearly scaled myself trying to get the shower to a "mid range" level.
Clean and quiet !!!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and got it !!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear njpansy21,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Clinton, NJ at the Holiday Inn. It is always great to receive feedback on our hotel we appreciate your business and we hope that you return and stay with us soon. I will look into that water issue.

All the Best ,

Michelle Satanik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I recently attended the Black Potatoe Music Festival and I stayed at the recently renovated Holiday Inn. I have to tell you, if you are going to find yourself in the Clinton area, stay at this hotel. Everything was great, from check-in to the room, to the food. It was the best Holiday Inn I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear ClayFestivalGuy,

We are so grateful for your feedback and are happy that you enjoyed our hotel. We are a proud sponsor for the festival and are excited for it every year . We look forward to seeing you again really soon.

usa
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Easy access off and onto the highway. Restaurant serves selected evening meals. Breakfast is included in some room rates. Mine was and it would have been well worth the cost otherwise. Fresh eggs, sausage, bacon, fruits, yogurt, breads, pastries, omellettes to order, waffles to order, juices, coffee. What more could you expect? Did I mention the freshness of all items? The best hotel breakfasts I had on a three week road trip. Not your regular free breakfast. Two pools one out one indoor, clean and I had the indoor one all to myself---nice. Rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable, with wifi, HDTV, mini fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, hairdryer etc. King bed. Only drawback is the $20.00 combined room taxes that add to the price of the room. State mandated.

Room Tip: My room overlooked the front entrance and was on the second floor. The lobby, restaurant, conferenc...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank commentmaker
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear commentmaker (usa),

Thank you for staying with us and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you again on your way through Clinton, NJ. So glad that you got the time to enjoy our indoor pool and our only pool. Nothing like starting your day with a great breakfast and we are glad you enjoyed that as well. Hope to see you again soon.

All the Best ,

Upper Black Eddy, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while in the area for a horse show. Check in was fast and the staff was very friendly. My room was clean , comfortable and COOL. It has been so hot in New Jersey that I was so happy to find my room to be so comfortable after being outside all day. I really like the choice of firm or soft pillows and the bed called my name I soon as I walked in the room. I had a wonderful breakfast that was very affordable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank buffster1108
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Buffster1108,

Thank you so much for your response and positive feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel . I hope you enjoyed you horse show and will be back to see us again very soon!

Have a Great Day!

varies
Reviewed July 14, 2013

There are many improvements here at the Clinton Holiday Inn that created a great atmosphere. Updated lobby, the restaurant doesn't make you look for Cracker Barrel staff any more, great rooms and outside, there is a Bar B Que pit for guests!! I almost swooned in happiness.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Addisen,

Thank you for your great feedback on our hotel. The BBQ Pit will be put to good use very soon. Our outdoor patio for the most part is complete and being utilized daily. A great addition for the Summer.

Every Tuesday starting in August we will being having outdoor acoustic music and BBQ on the patio. I hope we will see you then!!

Sincerely ,

Cirencester
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Holiday Inn during a 2-day business trip to Clinton, NJ this week. The hotel was conveniently situated for our business meetings which was why it was chosen. I had also stayed there many years ago when attending similar meetings.

The bedrooms are large with comfortable beds and a choice of soft or firm pillows. There is also a large TV ad coffee making facilities in the room. The bathroom is small and mine had no plug in the sink which made washing a challenge! The taps also leaked during use which put water over the marble sink top area. The shower control was very hit and miss and it was difficult to get a consistent temperature during showering. The air conditioning in the room was very inefficient with only three controls on the fan - Auto, on and off! The carpet in my room was dirty and damp from the air con. The room also smelt musty. I guess this is to be expected in the US climate?

My biggest criticism of this hotel was, however, the food at dinner time. When my colleague and I went to dinner we were surprised how empty the restaurant was? When we received our food (it took a while too!) we realised why it was empty. I have been visiting the USA for more years than I care to mention but I can safely say that the food presented to us in the Holiday Inn restaurant was the worst I have ever had in all my visits to the USA. Needless to say we only ate there on the one occasion!

Breakfasts, by contrast, were very good (and a lot cheaper than the dinner that we didn't eat!)

In the current economic climate I'm sure that it would be unreasonable to expect a large investment in terms of renovation at ths hotel. Unfortunately, without such renovation I would not consider returning.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BarrynEileen
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear BarrynEileen,

Thank you very much for your guest feedback with it we can better serve our guests. We are in the process of a renovation and we hope that you will consider giving us a second chance . We have been upgrading the hotel for about a year now and are still perfecting some systems.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is located on a hill, offering you nice views of the area on the top floor. Check-in was a breeze, with friendly staff.

Rooms are adequately sized, with comfortables beds. The bathroom is adequate, although the showerhead is a bit worn, that is not in line with the rest of the hotel. They provide ample towels and of good quality.

There is a fitness room on site (you need to enter the pool area first). I found it to be below average, small and a little amount of equipment. The indoor pool itself is pretty big and offers a little outside patio deck.

Internet connection is available and works as advertised. Not too fast, but certainly not slow. Works pretty well for updating your email etc.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Michelle S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Ralfvd,

We are grateful for the positive feedback and are glad that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn of Clinton , NJ. We hope to see you soon !

Best Regards,

Michelle Satanik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
Residence Inn Bridgewater Branchburg

Been to Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!