“It's all right” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Asbury, New Jersey
“It's all right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

We headed to this hotel after loosing power because of Hurricane Sandy, when we got there they had power and we were really happy since the whole Clinton district was in the dark. We went up to the suite (311) and 15 min later the hotel power shut down. We waited because they said the had a generator "just in case" but what happens it's that the generator was only enough to light up the corridors, and the lights in the lobby! We didn't get any information about if they were getting the light back or not for at least 30 min, and when we did, the staff just said that they didn't know. We ended up sleeping in the hotel in the pitch black, we checked out the next morning and we went to other hotel in PA.
Our suite was fine with a porch looking over the indoor pool, but we didn't get to enjoy since the hotel had no electricity.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here as it was the only hotel within 50 miles or so that had availability two weeks after the hurricane.

Exterior was nicer than in the pictures. Lobby floor could use updating, but was clean and functional. Room was surprisingly large and seemed clean. Oddly, there was no doorknob on the bathroom door upon check in, but it was installed after my first night.

Internet speed was acceptable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I didn't read reviews for this hotel until I was sitting in my room, so thank you preview posters for making me itch and wonder about catching a teams illness. However, my experience was perfectly fine. Pulling up to the hotel was interesting. It looks like a holiday inn corporate office more than a hotel. They are in the middle of renovating, and the decor is so random I am not sure what is new and what is old. Either way, I don't care. My room was clean and comfortable and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
The bar is really weird. I couldn't tell who was working and who was just hanging out because everyone was sitting around watching tv and eating. I don't really feel like the bar has anything to do with the hotel, so i am not holding that against the holiday inn. I found the pool area to be very nice. I walked through it to sit out on the nice outdoor seating area and eat my take out.
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. If nothing else I want to see the final product from the remodel.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank number2cac
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

i stayed in room 319 on 9/25/12. I arrived after 9pm and went down to the lounge for something to eat. In the lounge, I ordered a draft beer - there was scum floating in the glass. I showed the bartender, her answer a dirty glass. At that point, i ordered a bottle of beer. She continued to tap beer, at least 30 by my count - all had scum floating in glass. Actually at bottom of tap, a PVC pipe with black stuff on it - looked like mold. I informed front desk, food and beverage manager, holiday inn hotels - to date, not a call from anyone. Besides this, there was food spilled on furniture. In the pool area, there was furniture pushed over, broken beer bottles and glasses all over the patio area. A health hazard and danger to guests.

Room Tip: do not stay there
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mpbutterworth
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear mpbutterworth,

Connie D
Case Manager
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

What an amazing stay here at this Holiday Inn we loved everything I was driving along the high way and saw this hotel and stopped for the night. Now i was alone so I really just needed somewhere st stay when i checked in the lady at the desk Betty greated me and I feeled like family the room was amazing and i could have been happy with my stay

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

We booked a block of rooms for several baseball teams to travel to a nearby tournament on Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday, several of the members of our group became ill, throughout the day, more were falling ill, and by Sunday even more! We noticed that although our group was spread out throughout the hotel, the only members becoming ill were all on the 4th floor. Sunday afternoon one of our group became so ill he was taken by ambulance to the hospital. We had been notifying the front desk throughout the weekend of what was transpiring and letting them know that all of the people becoming ill were located on the 4th floor. They assurred us they were taking care of the situation. We left the hotel with 20 members of our group having fallen ill. All had been located on the 4th floor.
The end result, after 3 months of contacting various levels of management in attempt to gain some satisfaction that this would not be treated lightly, we recieved an email from the hotel General Manager which said they take no responsibility for this epidemic. We even went further to Holiday Inn corporate offices where we were told this is a privately owned hotel of which they have no contol over. Apparently this means that the Holiday Inn name doesn't always mean Holiday Inn standard.
Seriously...beware if you stay here! Sanitation is not a high priority.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mcrconnors
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear mcrconnors,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am deeply sorry for the overall experience you had during your stay. We would like to obtain some additional details regarding your stay so I have sent you a private message. Again, Thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
Portland, Maine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel has bed bugs! We were in room 338. Tons of them. One was crawling on my son. We got in really late after traveling all day and didn't check before getting into bed. Be careful! One of the front desk people was really helpful. The other one didn't seem to care. They did give us our money back after we tried to switch to another room and found more bugs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank JPSWIMFLY
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear JPSWIMFLY,

I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
Hilton Garden Inn Bridgewater

Been to Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!