“Nightmare of Epidemic Proportion”

Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
Boston, Massachusetts
“Nightmare of Epidemic Proportion”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We booked a block of rooms for several baseball teams to travel to a nearby tournament on Memorial Day weekend. On Saturday, several of the members of our group became ill, throughout the day, more were falling ill, and by Sunday even more! We noticed that although our group was spread out throughout the hotel, the only members becoming ill were all on the 4th floor. Sunday afternoon one of our group became so ill he was taken by ambulance to the hospital. We had been notifying the front desk throughout the weekend of what was transpiring and letting them know that all of the people becoming ill were located on the 4th floor. They assurred us they were taking care of the situation. We left the hotel with 20 members of our group having fallen ill. All had been located on the 4th floor.
The end result, after 3 months of contacting various levels of management in attempt to gain some satisfaction that this would not be treated lightly, we recieved an email from the hotel General Manager which said they take no responsibility for this epidemic. We even went further to Holiday Inn corporate offices where we were told this is a privately owned hotel of which they have no contol over. Apparently this means that the Holiday Inn name doesn't always mean Holiday Inn standard.
Seriously...beware if you stay here! Sanitation is not a high priority.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank mcrconnors
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear mcrconnors,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am deeply sorry for the overall experience you had during your stay. We would like to obtain some additional details regarding your stay so I have sent you a private message. Again, Thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel has bed bugs! We were in room 338. Tons of them. One was crawling on my son. We got in really late after traveling all day and didn't check before getting into bed. Be careful! One of the front desk people was really helpful. The other one didn't seem to care. They did give us our money back after we tried to switch to another room and found more bugs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank JPSWIMFLY
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear JPSWIMFLY,

I am most disappointed and concerned to read your comments. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Brenda J.
Merion, PA
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Externally, the grounds are very nice. So is almost all of the lobby except for the guest computer room. The computer room is a glass greenhouse which sunshine makes into an oven. What a dumb place to put the computers, where guests will sweat despite air conditioning. The elevators are extraordinarily slow. In my room (414), the faucet leaked copiously when full-on. How could the staff not recognize these things? The bedcovers consisted of a quilt only, so despite lowering the thermostat, I roasted overnight. The breakfast buffet is pretty good, and the front desk staff are friendly and competent. It has a large indoor swimming pool but it's only 3-1/2' deep. The fitness center has treadmills and a universal exercise machine that's too complicated to use easily, and has no directions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank freddiemerion
New York
Reviewed August 3, 2012

An older Holiday Inn that has recently gone through a renovation and has done very well at it. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The food was above average for a Holiday Inn. The staff seemed to know what they were doing.
My only issue was with some other guests having a loud party late in the evening but the front desk sent someone up and dealt with it.
Overall I thought it was a very good value, was one of the less expensive name brands in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel seems new, or at least, recently renovated. The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel was also accommodating by providing an extra roll-away bed for my friends and I. The location isn't that exciting. There really is nothing right next to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I traveled here with our young son and infant daughter. We had driven all day, so when we got to the hotel I thought I would give our daughter a warm bath and let her sleep. I thought wrong. The bath had so much hair in it! I had to scrub it myself before anyone could use it. Then I pulled down the blankets just to find more hair on my sheets. Unacceptable, but the kids had already gone to sleep and it was almost 1 am, so moving hotels was out of the question for the night. We just slept on top of the blankets. Then, the next morning, all I heard was knocking followed by someone yelling, "Housekeeping!" followed by slamming doors... all morning... slamming doors. Not just closing them, but someone actually walking off and letting them slam at full force. When housekeeping got to our room, I asked for coffee, since there had only been decaf in the room when we arrived, just to be informed that she did not have any coffee on her cart. The slamming doors finally stopped, so I layed back down for a nap only to have another lady come banging on the door JUST to ask me if the first housekeeper had come by to clean my room. Seriously?? Wow! Needless to say, no one got any sleep and the cleanliness is seriously lacking, too. I would not stay here again. We moved to the Hampton, and were MUCH more comfortable and well rested!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Debbie F
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Debbie F,

I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that you found our location satisfactory. I want to assure you that our hotel is proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day, especially with the room accommodations you received and noise levels at the hotel.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance in the future to make your stay as best as it can be.

Pam G.
Case Manager
Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. We booked three rooms with Priceline at a good rate. Front desk honored our requests with bed types and all rooms together. Rooms were all neat and clean! Very comfortable and recently updated. Would definitely stay there again, don't understand the previous negative reviews!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn Clinton
HYATT house Bridgewater
HYATT house Bridgewater
#1 of 6 in Bridgewater
Homewood Suites by Hilton Bridgewater / Branchburg

Been to Holiday Inn Clinton - Bridgewater? Share your experiences!