“Always great”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Clinton
“Always great”
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

For years the fine diner has been consistently excellent. Great good, great service. Never disappoints. Same wait staff for years wonderful ladies!

“Great food, great service...until today”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Been a repeat customer for about a year now...always look forward to a great dining experience (good quality food and fast and friendly service) until today's dining experience...Got a server named Theresa who was rude and inattentive...completely ignored me after I placed my order, never once coming back to check in on me (and it was not even busy at the time)...I brought this to the attention of a lady named Jen (hostess/cashier) who was quite apologetic and took a few dollars off my tab (even if I insisted on paying for the whole tab - the meal was wonderful, as usual, but the service - or lack of it - was VERY disappointing. Unfortunately, no matter how good food and service is, it is that ONE bad experience that stands out...Don't get me wrong, though,,,I would still go back (like I said, this was the FIRST experience with poor service I have ever had at this diner), and I would still highly recommend it to anyone...just think incidents like this need to be addressed appropriately by management, as a great business like this cannot risk its reputation due to poor service by staff, such as the one I was unfortunate to have...

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Alexa R
“Best French Toast”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This is one crowded place, that locals love to go to. So, be aware that parking is tight and you most likely will have to wait to get a seat. They are also open only until 3 p.m. and closed on Mondays.

We have eaten breakfast and lunch here. My favorite by far is their french toast. We have had their omelettes also, which are very large and are served with potatoes, fresh fruit and toast or muffin. Lunch is very good also, since they prepare everything fresh. But their french toast, is just yummy. So, if you give me a choice, breakfast it is.

• Visited June 2014
NJ
“Very Good Pancakes. Otherwise Average.”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've been several times. Twice I wanted breakfast and was denied. They close the breakfast menu at 11:30. Reason stated is the kitchen is too small to accommodate preparing both breakfast and lunch.

The place is called The Fine DINER. Diners serve all meals all day long. Very disappointing.

Other than that, the food is good. I'm a bit of a pancake freak, and this place has good blueberry pancakes with fresh blueberries. Other meals I've had, mostly lunch fair, were good, nothing great.

It is small inside, so during peak hours it is busy. Staff is nice. I rated it poor for children because there is no room in there for kids to squirm around.

I rated it 4 stars because I like good pancakes and know I can go here to get them. Otherwise I have to go to Amy's in Long Branch for good pancakes. Most diners really don't make good pancakes, and most places do not use fresh blueberries. If there wasn't this pancake issue with me, I'd rate the place 3 stars, everything else is just average.

• Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Reuben ever...”
Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

The Fine Diner was fabulous. Great food, great service, all around well worth venturing off the turnpike for! Will definitely stop again.