“What a lovely place.”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Stockton, New Jersey
“What a lovely place.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We hadn't been to Dora in Clinton for several years and quite frankly had forgotten how good it can be. Tonight we went to Dora with one of our grown sons and our six year old grand-daughter. It was a most pleasant and satisfying evening. Firstly, the staff was most accomdating in meeting the needs of our six year old grand-daughter; they brought her a dish of plain spaghetti with tomato sauce shortly after we sat down. Our son ordered an appetizer special, brocoli rab with sausage which was excellent. Then he had the Ravioli Bolgonese which he thoroughly enjoyed. I ordered the Chicken Scarpiello and found it to be exceptional. My wife had the eggplant parmigiana which she said was slightly undersalted...a problem which was easy to solve with the salt shaker that was on the table. The atmosphere/ambience is excellent. While there were quite a few tables occupied, the restuarant was not at all noisy...a real plus from our perspective. The staff was efficient and attentive. Prices, while not cheap, were certainly appropriate for the quality of the food, the service and the atmosphere. A most enjoyable dinner and one that would encourage me to come back again soon.

• Visited March 2013

Clinton, New Jersey
“Excellent!!! Great food!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I held a christening party for our twins with about 50 friends and family. Prices were very comparable to many other restaurants we had inquired about except Dora was the only BYO. Going with BYO would cut down on cost substantially and we knew the food was very good at Dora so we booked it. Dora easily accomodated a party of our size and set the tables up so we were not too crowded. Prior to the christening, we had stopped by to drop off the beer/wine & a cake. The guys at Dora quickly came out to help lift the coolers and cake! During our party, waiters were always there to refill glasses and keep tables clear. There was no rush by them to start our dinner service as they patiently waited for all of our guests to arrive. We started with pasta appetizer and a mixed green salad, both were very tastey. Main couse had three options: chicken parm, flounder francese & veal piccata. All of our guests raved how delicious each of their dinners were! I had the veal which was so tender and flavorful. My wife had the flounder which tasted very fresh, I asked for a second bite later but it was all gone. Desert was a cake we brought and a tiramisu from Dora, which was absolutely fantastic!!
Overall, this was a great party with excellent food by Dora!!! Not one complaint other than wish I could have ate all 3 of the dinners!!! I highly recommend Dora for dinner or a party. We'll be heading back there for sure! Thank you Dora for helping make our special day one to remember.

• Visited February 2013
South Brunswick, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbelievabley yummy and romantic!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I kept stopping during dinner to comment how delicious the food was. Definitely going back! BYOB too saves significant money.

Visited February 2013
Holden Beach, North Carolina
“Our Favorite BYOB”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Dora is our favorite BYOB and for seasonal outside eating. The service is impeccable. They simply cannot do enough for loyal customers. Dependable Mediterranean cuisine. The best Eggplant Rollatini, Veal Chops, Salmon and Seabass around. White tablecloths inside. Gracious waiters.

Visited January 2013
Milford, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The chef at Dora's knows sauce.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If I’m going to venture out in frigid weather, it had better be for a meal worth the trip. I’ve been going to Dora’s for years and they never disappoint. This attractive BYOB serves appetizing meals in an attractive, spotless setting. On this visit, seared scallops on a bed of lightly garlic flavored spinach was an excellent appetizer. The cannelloni was delicious with a light, fresh tomato sauce. The chef at Dora’s knows sauce.

The serving staff comes from a variety of places similar to many establishments in Italy. At Dora’s they are always professional and helpful. They are just as accommodating in the summer when the attractive outdoor patio requires extra steps. Just a few more months to wait for alfresco dining at Dora’s which is a real treat, but until then I’ll just have to settle for delicious food in a pleasant indoor setting.

• Visited January 2013