“Dora's in Clinton - Excellent”
Review of Dora Restaurant

Dora Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 61 Restaurants in Clinton
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I have dined at Dora's for over 5 years. It is a BYOB and is located in charming Clinton, NJ. The food is always consistently great. Their homemade ravioli is exceptional. My husband always gets the ravioli bolognese and it will not disappoint. I usually get their ribeye steak medium rare and is always done to perfection! Everything on the menu is excellent. It's one of our favorite restaurants. Definitely worth the trip!

2  Thank marybemac

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I wish I could give it less than 1. I guess it was BYO because the waiter did not offer a drink of any sort. Seated quickly as there were only 2 other tables on a busy "small business sat". He took our orders and brought bread with a basil oil dip. As I was dipping I realized there was a big roach in the dip. We handed it to the waiter just as the calamari came out. Both of the wait staff disappeared and so did we. I did notice that there was need for repairs in the bay window and this may be a bigger sign of what else is going on. Wait staff not italian in the italian restaurant. Had we stayed it would have been a bit pricey for the atmosphere. Just being on main street does not justify the menu price.

2  Thank HungaryHippo
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This locally owned restaurant in historic downtown Clinton, was a pleasant surprise. I had ravioli in a light tomato sauce. It was very tasty and not overly rich. My wife's pasta dish also was excellent. The restaurant does not have a liquor license; however, patrons can bring their own wine.

The staff was very friendly and efficient without being overbearing. After the meal, we were allowed to relax and not be rushed to pay the bill as happens in some other restaurants.

If in the Clinton area, I would highly recommend visiting Dora's.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We ended up here for lunch one day because the Thai place was closed.
What a great find.
Fantastic fresh food and great service!
We will return with friends

Reviewed August 15, 2012

This place was fantastic. I was traveling through Clinton on business and was looking for a decent place to eat. There was one that looked to be a bit more spendy down the road, but they couldn't have been this good. The host was very personable and a joy to talk with. The service was a very attentive staff. The food was phenomenal. I had the chicken florentina and my friend had the seafood pasta special. Both were terrific. And the prices were very reasonable--I think they could get away with charging even a little more. The only drawback (albeit very minor) is their lack of a liquor license. Don't let that keep you from missing out on this gem. There is a liquor store right down the road with a great selection of beer, wine & spirits that you can bring to the restaurant (and a knowledgeable staff there too). The restaurant even provided an ice bucket to keep our beer chilled. I strongly recommend this place. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Andrewcifer