“Now Called Riverside Coffee and Tea?”

Citispot Tea & Coffee
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Clinton
USA
“Now Called Riverside Coffee and Tea?”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I was searching for this wonderful little coffee spot located right near the river and walking bridge in Clinton, NJ. I know it as Riverside Coffee and Tea. When I looked for it's actual location, the address for this place showed up instead. I was there in August 2012 and had a wonderful time. I really liked the variety and the fact that this is the only place you can get Bubble Tea. The Thai food place actually sold their recipe to Riverside when they closed their little tea-house, not too far away from the Riverside. The service is good, the place feels very comfortable, and there's always some sort of festival in the area, so it's a great time to stop in for some Bubble Tea! Will be back as soon as the next festival comes around...

• Visited August 2012

Clinton, New Jersey
“This rating is a mistake”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I accidently rated this and didn't know how to uncheck the rating. Please remove. Sorry Citispot...this was a mistake

Visited September 2012
Bloomsbury, New Jersey
“Really... All I wanted was a double shot of expression over ice”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I ilike a double shot of expresso over ice in a large glass where I can add one Splenda and half and half...The cost for this is $2.09 with tax ....I have been here and have done it before without a problem.... Starbucks will honor this easy request without question.... This evening I was told they could not give me a large glass of ice.... They sell the drink by the glass size.... What they wanted to do was sell me a much more expensive iced coffee.... My argument was all I wanted was the double shot of expresso.... Did I really need to spend two extra dollars for ice and in slightly larger plastic cup..... The owner was reluctant to "let me get way with it" and reiterated that this would not be granted the next time I visited.... There are other coffe shops in town that will honor this request..... Try across the street at Riverside Coffee and tea where the view of the river is much nicer... I know I will ;-)

Visited August 2012
Clinton, New Jersey
“The Best!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great place to relax and people watch while you sip on some tasty drink and eat some tempting dessert. The lemon frosted pound cake is my favorite.

Visited July 2012
Frenchtown, NJ
“Excellent coffee and drinks, but not a very welcoming atmosphere”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

An attractive, open and airy coffee shop with the best view in Clinton looking out over the river and Red Mill. The coffee drinks are excellent. The staff is not professional or friendly, they act exasperated and put out by questions - if you can get them to hang up their cell phones. But it's a nice place to sit and relax for a few minutes at the right time. If you want a quiet and friendlier atmosphere, you need to go there during a weekday. Weekends, especially weekend evenings, the place is packed with a very young and noisy crowd who seem to camp out for the entire evening. A lot of cigarette smokers in the outdoor seating. Overall, I would definitely get a cup of coffee at the Citispot: "To Go."

• Visited July 2012