“Overpriced but Great Location”
Review of Nino's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nino's
Cuisines: Italian, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Overpriced but Great Location”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

My husband and I have an 8 week old son. We finally decided to go out for a nice meal, baby in tow, and chose Nino's by the river in Clinton (patio = easy access in case of a fussy baby). We left slightly disappointed. My husband ordered a steak and it was the thinnest cut of meat I had ever seen. The shrimp scampi I ordered had a great flavor and the risotto was nice. However, for what we had, we felt it was very overpriced. The best part of the meal was having it out on the patio on a beautiful summer evening and the fact that it was the first time we have been able to do so since the arrival of our little bundle of joy!

• Visited July 2011

Hunterdon County, NJ
“I Want To Like It...”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

This used to be a better place when they were on the corner of Halstead & Main. I came here for lunch and ordered a chicken dish that was clearly a leftover portion that was reheated. I honestly was really dissapointed and felt like they really weren't concerened with establishing a restaurant clientele. The waiter was marginal at best, and seemed like he had other places to be.

Come on Ninos! You landed a great spot on the river....If you can't do lunch well, don't even open the doors, just wait for 5pm and open for dinner.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank theseacret
New York City, New York
“Food was mainly Frozen Service was painfully bad. Decent view.”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I don't take time to write many reviews but I feel compelled to do so. This place needs alot to make it as a Italian restaurant. Went for dinner overall experience was bad service took way to long They did not explain anything about their menu very inpersonal. Potaoes were the instant kind oh and by the way cold, vegetables had to be frozen. Overpriced for the portions. Oh and by the way presentation on one of our dishes had a piece on it that was obviously eaten prior to serving. I even went as far to give them a chance to do something and they did nothing. I know it is relatively new but the only positive we had was the people we were with and the river was next to us.

• Visited May 2011
Fernandina Beach
“My favorite restaurant...period”
Reviewed December 28, 2010

My family has been going to Nino's for years (starting back at their old location down the street from where they are located now). We have eaten many meals there and have had many parties there. I have never been disappointed with any of their food or their service. They have an amazing Italian menu with great apps and entrees. Their specials are equally great.

Most recently we had a dinner for 12 there in November. It was on a Sunday night around 8:00pm so it was quiet and there were not many people there. We had 2 servers who made sure that everything was perfect and continued to fill our water and wine glasses. For an appetizer, they brought out each of us a sample plate with stuffed mushrooms, calamari, clams, eggplant parm, seafood ravioli and more. It was nothing short of amazing and i definitely could have been finished just after that. Then we each had a caesar salad which was also the perfect size with fresh parm cheese grated on top. Each of us had different entrees ranging from filet to grouper to seafood pasta...all was fresh and delicious.

I'm not sure where all of these bad reviews are coming from. Nino's is not a place to go if you want a "quick" meal. Go to a chain restaurant or the fine diner for that. If you want a true italian meal and you actually enjoy to spend time on your meal...then Nino's is the place for you.

1 Thank fernandinalove
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Great Scenery- horrible indifferent staff”
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Had lunch with 2 colleagues here last week. I had never been, but was looking forward to an outdoor dinig experience on the river. Although it was blustery and the leaves were falling, it was an enjoyable space to dine.

The waiter was quick to fill our water glasses, however that was about the speediest thing about the meal. We each ordered an appetizer (2 soups and a calamari plate) and each a sandwich from the menu. The apps came out slow, but accurately complete. The sandwiches, however, left much to be desired. Not one of the sandwiches came out as it was ordered, and unfortunately my sandwich was not even what I had ordered (I ordered meatball parmigiana, received eggplant...). The waiter did not even apologize for the mistake. Another gentleman came over, and they spoke to each other, and walked away. No one ever came back to check on us, and the bill, in my opinion, was exorbatant for 3 mediocre sandwiches and soups.

Besides the atmosphere of the scenic dining, I would not return for the food.