“Not as good as I remember”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #8 of 55 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Hartford, Connecticut
“Not as good as I remember”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've gone to a few Cracker Barrels over the years, but it's been a while. I thought I remembered good old fashioned home cooked meals, but this place seemed more like bland cafeteria food. The service wasn't that great either.

• Visited January 2014

Oceanside, New York
“Great Service! Ask for Laura”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We love Cracker Barrel. I try to eat at one whenever I travel and there's one on the way. I love the food. I love the burger with the Sour Dough Bread! I love the store! We ate at this one on 1/25 and Laura was our server. She was great!

• Visited January 2014
Garfield, AR
“One Star for Service! Food was good.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

9/06/13 While on a Diamond Bus Tour we ate Dinner at Cracker Barrel in Clinton, NJ.

Diamond Tours included Dinner at this Cracker Barrel in with our tour price. An RSVP was made well in advance of our visit, including the day and even the time, AND our Tour Director also called ahead to notify them of our specific ETA.

This restaurant definitely knew when a bus load of 50 would be arriving and had plenty of advance notice to have enough staff and food to handle a large group.

Upon arrival we were asked to form groups of 4. Our group was among the first to be seated and we were seated promptly. Our menus and water arrived quickly, but our grumpy Server slammed the glasses down on our table so hard, the water spilled and WE had to clean it up.

Eventually our grumpy Server did return to take our orders, but we noticed that almost all other tables were already receiving their food. Not us. And not the table behind us.

Our table of 4 waited and waited for our food. I finally received my Side Salad, but the rest received nothing. The table behind us received nothing either. My husband began timing the wait.

We inquired about our food numerous times and each time we were promised "it'll be right out". I finished eating my Side Salad and still no other food arrived at our table or the table behind us. The rest of our tour group were finished eating their meals AND desserts, and they were LEAVING the restaurant!

45 minutes AFTER my salad arrived, our meals arrived. And if that isn't bad enough...one plate arrived with ONLY a porkchop on it. According to the Menu, that meal included a Sweet Potato. When the Server was asked about the missing potato, we were curtly told..."We ran out."

Neither our Server nor the Manager ever came to our table during our long long wait to inform us about the potato situation and offer a substitute of any kind.

When we were FINISHED eating, our Server showed up with a Baked Potato.

At this point the Manager finally came to our table with a big silly smile on her face and asked..."Well how was everything?"

My husband let her know exactly how "everything" was. She just kept that silly smile on her face while she said..."I can assure you that your orders were handled properly and you were served well..." And she marched off with no apology. No concern at all.

I would NOT recommend this Cracker Barrel to anyone.

The Manager and Staff of this Cracker Barrel need to be sent to Cracker Barrel in Fenton, Mo to learn how to properly treat customers and handle large groups.

Please see my review for Cracker Barrel in Fenton, Mo. I do NOT recommend THIS Cracker Barrel.

• Visited September 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“best yet”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

we were trvelling on the I 78. we needed fuel for the car and us. a little difficult to find first time , but it's worth it. i ordered a breakfast, it was 2 o'clock in the afternoon, but i thought that could not go wrong. my wife had a hamburger. the breakfast was not quite what I was expecting, but our server, a local lady changed it without question. my wife never finishes her burger, she did this time! the toilets wer very clean and we vowed to return when we were next passing.

• Visited September 2013
Lumberville, Pennsylvania
“Warm and Cozy”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent quality as expected plus a nice warm fireplace. Convenient to I78 travelers. Very quick service with hot food that's excellent, particularly the pecan pancakes.

Visited October 2013