“People love, or hate, Cracker Barrel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
nj
“People love, or hate, Cracker Barrel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Unique atmosphere found only in other Cracker Barrels--a place to stop to eat--in our case, a family tradition; if we are in an area we know, we'd be eating elsewhere.

Visited May 2012

Amston, Connecticut
“Yummy food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

I just always enjoy Cracker Barrel. I've not ever had a bad meal there. The service is sometimes a bit slow, but always very friendly. I did not order the best breakfast, I had the hash brown casserole with bacon. Not sure what I was expecting but it was a small dish of hash browns and a side of bacon. While it was delicious, it wasn't quite a breakfast to remember. My husband had the french toast and loved it. I should have gone with my first instinct and tried the whole grain pancakes with yogurt and fruit. I would have been much happier. Will definitely be back though! Great place.

Visited May 2012
Connecticut
“yes it is”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

I keep reading it's "just another Cracker Barrel". Yes, it absolutely is but that's why you stop here. We have discovered that when we are traveling we can enjoy a decent breakfast at a decent price at Cracker Barrel and we did here on Saturday.

The place was mobbed with both locals and travelers and we still enjoyed a well prepared breakfast server in a timely fashion by a very courteous staff.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
North Creek, New York
“It has its place but It's just like all the Rest.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

If you are hungry for Big Substantial food Cracker Barrel is the place. Southern style cooking made reasonably fresh is the order of the day lots of deep fried stuff and lots of gravy. I do not think there is anything that qualifies as light here....Portions are big and hearty. As far as I can tell all Crackerbarrels are about the same. For the Genre of food, they have a few good things: The meatloaf is always decent. love the Iced tea and the Chicken and Dumplings are good too. I think the hams are too salty. Though I especially like the fried Okra and the turnip Greens neither of which you can find anywhere else in this area. Avoid the seafood as the fish is frozen and not very tasty. Service at Clinton has always been average.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Just like all the rest of them.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

Been to a few of them only difference is the staff and if they can get your order right. They did here if you want breakfast on the weekend go early, before church let's out, or be prepared to wait and then be rushed threw your meal.