“Good Thai, very americanized”
Review of Pru Thai

Pru Thai
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I travel quite a bit and have had real Thai food. This is very americanized. Some people may like that, I typically find myself adding alot of that peppers to my dish to spice it up. the staff is always great though. and I do love their Crystal soup with veggies and tofu.

Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Pru Thai is a great addition to the restaurants in Clinton! I always get take out here and have never been disappointed!! They have so many great options but my favorites are the chicken pad cashew nut and chicken pad Thai!! They are to die for :). A great option besides the same old Chinese so common here in Clinton!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Very good restaurant and reasonably priced. Have eaten there quite a few times now and all of the dishes I have tried have been enjoyable and generally better (in my opinion) than the other Thai restaurants in the area.

One minor issue is that their definition of "three star hot" seems to vary considerably.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I enjoyed the Pad Thai, and my husband's dish was spicy enough - he loves it really spicy. Good service, and BYOB. Outdoor seating was enjoyable.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Every year, in July, I visit friends in the Clinton, NJ area. Pru Thai is centrally located for a nice little walk around town, shopping, and a delicious lunch or dinner. Pru has a nice wait staff and the chefs are excellent. We always try a different appitizer (all which have been good so far), order drinks - usually Thai-style iced tea, and entrees. I think their Pad Thai (with chicken, beef, or veg) is delicious and one of the best dishes I've ever had in my life ... not just with Thai food. The food is fresh, the service is friendly, the prices are comparable to those in the area. Spend a little time in the area- park in one of the free "city" lots, take a walk, enjoy a little street fair, and definitely eat your lunch here!

The only sad thing I can report is that their sister store, which sole specialty teas, drinks, etc. and was located right next door, has now closed. They are going to expand the restaurant end, so there will be even more room to enjoy Pru's cuisine.

I will be back next year, if not sooner. :)

Been to Pru Thai? Share your experiences!