“A hidden Gem”

Finnagel's
Ranked #11 of 56 Restaurants in Clinton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 21, 2014

We took this expressway exit intending to go to a restaurant that had advertised on the expressway, but saw Finnagels by chance. We had a great lunch, great food, great beer, good pub atmosphere, who could ask for more....??
Do not be deceived by outside appearance. My long experience has always been that the best pubs always look scruffy from the outside....

Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

Great food steak was good. The beer selection is perfect nothing better than purple haze on tap. Waitress was nice.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

On our way home from NYC we discovered there are not many good places open on a Sunday night along 78. This place was perfect. Typical pub type setting, friendly patrons and staff with good pub fare.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Food and service were good. I had the 1/2 of barbecue ribs and they were very tender to point of falling off the bone which was great. Sunday and and Monday they have a Prime Rib special that I had the last time I visited and was excellent with a $12.95 price. They do do not take reservations on the weekend and it is a popular spot.

1  Thank bob_mason
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Following the only food sign off the exit to a McDonalds (uggh) we were long overdue for a pit stop. This place looked inviting and pleased we had an option other than McD's we turned in. We entered the lower back door - if you want to avoid stairs loop around the lot to the front door.
A cozy restaurant/pub is what was advertised and they delivered. Nothing fancy, this is not cutting edge cuisine they were purchasing quality ingredients and doing a good job getting them to the table at a fair price.
We normally would have taken seats in the pub but circumstances wouldn't allow it so we opted for the dining room. Two young woman were taking care of us in smallish dining room and there was a little bit of a late afternoon rush going on so i was concerned the food was going to come out slow. I was gratefully wrong in my assumption. Daughter's salad was nice, the chicken seemed to be commercial was her only criticism. My wife's claimed her campagnola panini was excellent. But I think I got the winner with a princess cut rare prime rib. The au jus had smokey undertones and I opted for a wedge salad and the blue cheese dressing was dang good. Sunday afternoon price for the prime was under $15. My driving stint was over for the day and they had a fair selection of cold beer on tap so all was right with the world.
Service was friendly. We occasionally travel this section of I-78 and will most certainly return.